Chapter 14

Wait, the voice is too familiar!

Amelia and I turned around to the source of the voice, getting the shock of our lives.

There stood in front of us were the two men that came to the company a few days ago.

Jake Johnson and him.

Of course, he's here. They're always together everywhere.

"Why are they here, anyway? Don't tell these men had tracked us down here. This must not be coincidental," my paranoid mind told me.

Both of them were in a casual outfit. But the one that caught my eye was obviously him. Dressed in a red polo shirt bordered by checkered trousers with a Hermés belt, he looked as beautiful as ever. It felt weird seeing him in an outfit other than the expensive suit he wears.

"Come on, Amelia, or I shall say, Miss. Lockwood. Are you really going to let a friend/business partner stand?" Jake told Amelia.

Both of us didn't recover from the shock we received as we stared at them.

"Amelia?"Jake questioned her again.

She came out of a trance and said, "Yes, Jake, I hear you. Please, Jake and Mr. Durante, please sit," with a smile on her face.

The men sat down, Jake in front of Amelia and him in front of me. At this point, I was hyperventilating. Everything happened so fast. First, we nearly met at the restaurant, then I saw him on TV, then he came to the company and now he is literally sitting right in front of me. God, help me!

"So, how are you, Amelia? Sorry, I couldn't talk to you after the meeting," Jake said to Amelia.

"It's okay, Jake. How are you both, by the way, Jake and Mr. Durante?"

"We're both fine. Very fine. Yes, Sandro?" he said while looking at Mr.Durante then me.

Jake let out a small 'ow' as soon as he said that.

"What? Don't give that look," Jake said to him.

All the time, all these were happening, I refused to look at the person in front of me. I could feel his stare burning holes through me.

As Amelia and Jake were having a conversation, Amelia looked down at her phone, and I got a text.

Amelia:

He's staring at you.

I replied to her instantly.

I know.

I had to pee, so I excused myself and went to the restroom. I looked to see Mr.Durante watching my every step as I was walking. Surprisingly, it wasn't creepy at all. It felt like he was looking out for me. My head involuntarily turned to look at him. He was having this murderous look when he was looking around as if he was searching for something, and when he saw me, his eyes softened. I quickly turned back and ran to the toilet.

Coming out of the stall I was at; I went to the sink to wash my hands. I found myself looking at my face, seeing whether it looks presentable or not. What is wrong with me? I've never done this before. Not once in my life, I've ever cared about my appearance. Well, that is until now. I also thought about something else.

I will have to talk to him after this at one point. I can't just ignore him. As intimidating as he is, I have to have a small conversation with him at least. Things will be awkward if I don't, and that is the last thing I want.

I came out of the restroom, walking towards my table. Everyone here looks rich with their designer clothes, and here I am, wearing Forever 21. Not that I want the same, but if Amelia told me earlier, I should've changed into something nice. I saw the three of them talking about something which baffled me. Didn't Amelia say that she was scared of him?