Part 10- "stage freight"

I stood on the stage with Dannon next to me, the Dj was setting up the lyrics on the screen in front of us. My palms were sweaty and Dannon eyed me cautiously, probably checking to see if I was going to pass out.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked

"Never better" I said eyeing Hero below as he sat the camera up.

"Alright your all set" the dj said

I shook my hands trying to get the nervous feeling out. Dannon sat his hand on my shoulder and I flinched out of instinct. He slowly took his hand of looking confused.

"just look at me. It'll be okay" he said with a small smile.

The music started slow, It was 'You are the reason' by Calum Scott and Leona Lewis.

"There goes my heart beating cause you are the reason I'm loosing my sleep," He started singing looking me in the eyes, "Please come back now."

He sent me a nod as I took a deep breath and turned to face him 

"There goes my mind racing and you are the reason," I started shakily, "That I'm still breathing, I'm hopeless now"

He stepped forward and grabbed my hand smiling at me.

"I'd climb every mountain and swim every ocean" He sang

"Just to be with you and fix what I've broken" I joined in, "Oh cause I need you to see that you are the reason." we sang together 

He spun me around by my hand and we both grinned.

"There goes my hands shaking and you are the reason" I sang softly taking a step back, "My heart keeps bleeding, I need you now oh."

He stepped forward once again and I did vocals as he sang, "If I could turn back the clock I'd make sure the light defeated, I'd spend every hour of every day, oh, keeping you safe oh"

I joined in with him once again, "I'd climb every mountain and swim every ocean, just to be with you and fix what I've broken. Oh, 'cause I need you to see that you are the reason"

"I don't want to fight no more, I don't want to fight no more" He sang

"You are, I don't want to cry no more, come back, I need you to hold me." I sang stepping closer

"That you are the reason, a little closer now just a little closer now," we sang together, "Come a little closer, I need you to hold me tonight. I'd climb every mountain and sim every ocean just to be with you and fix what I've broken 'cause I need you to see"

"That you are the reason," He ended stepping even closer. 

We weren't paying attention to anyone but each other until we heard the clapping. That's when I started getting nervous again. I took my hand out of his and turned to wave at the crowd with a smile before rushing off the stage, Dannon close behind me.

"OMG! That was so good!" Lily squealed racing towards us

"Yes that was totally amazing" someone said behind us

Turning I  saw Amber and her two friends standing there with smug smiles.

"um, thanks?" I said awkwardly

"I forgot you had such a beautiful voice Dannon" she grinned stepping forward

"What do you want Amber?" He asked irritated 

"I just wanted to tell my new friend that she did such an amazing job tonight" she said innocently

Amber took her last step towards me and with an innocent smile she wrapped her arm around me. I immediately jumped back, my head was spinning and my heart was beating fast. Amber stared at me with a small smile.

"What the hell Amber?!" Dannon yelled grabbing her arm and yanking her out of the restaurant

"Anna? Are you okay?" Oliver asked stepping close to her

"I-I'm fine, she didn't know it's okay" I stuttered leaning against the wall

"No she did know. And I'm sorry she did that" Dannon said joining them again

"It's fine, let's go eat now" I gave him a reassuring smile and started walking towards the tabled again 

They all followed me, Dannon still looked pissed but he sat beside me and didn't say anything for the rest of dinner.

TouchOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara