L

"Why would I do such a thing?" She whispered, her face not intending on hiding her pain.

"You tell me."

"I don't believe that I'm hearing you correctly," she took a step closer as I walked backwards.

"Stay away from me," I warned, and she carefully set the tray on the vanity before resuming in my direction.

No.

"Stop! Stop right there!"

"What has gotten into you?"

"Tess...tell me what you did."

"Why are you accusing me of such? How could you?"

"Just fucking cut the act. This whole trying to get to me out of the blue and having such puzzling issues. Tell me who else could've done this?"

"How am I supposed to know? Stop playing games and eat your food," she snapped, and I stared her down.

"There was always something about you. Something I failed to read through and make sense out of...your weird friends and conversations—all of it. Are you set out to kill me? What have I done to you?"

"Weird friends?"

"Is that all that you heard!" I exclaimed.

"No, but I'm trying to understand it all."

"Well, to answer your question—yes, Marisol especially."

"What about her?" She questioned, her words sparking anger inside me.

"Stop fucking pretending!" I screamed.

"I get it now."

"No, you don't understand it, Tess. What do you want from me?"

She slowly paced towards me from the shadows, her subzero aura sending shivers down my spine.

"I will deal with you later. You're going to listen to what I say and apologize for that."

"It was you, don't you dare deny it."

"You're going to regret thinking that."

"You're a psychopath," I spat, and she laughed before her serious face was back on.

"I've heard that one before."

"Oh my fucking gosh."

"I'll be back. I must find you finished with your meal." She walked back into the darkness.

"Or what?" I challenged, and she turned around to gaze at me icily.

"Or else you will die," she clipped, "Doctor's orders."

Or else I will die?

Not wanting to waste more time, I raced to the door, trying to open it to no avail.

My heart was seconds away from collapsing when I realized that she had locked me in.

With heavy breathing, I banged against the wood and yelled for her to come back.

"Let me out of here!" I yelled as cold sweat trickled down my face.

She was going to kill me, and I didn't have any way out of there.

I gazed at the window and made my way towards it, frowning when I couldn't find a handle of some sort.

"Shit." I felt my way across the glass and saw that I was three stories in the air.

Was I going to jump?

I ran to the vanity and accidentally tipped the tray over as the food toppled onto the wooden tiles.