AUTHOR'S NOTE

UPDATE
3:48 PM, Eastern Time.
May 17, 2024

Hi friends,

I would like to stop you here. 🛑 The third book in the Culled Crown series is not finished on Wattpad. I am so sorry. The sorriest. I know, I am the worst. You can continue to read it here, but the conclusion is not posted and this book is not (a) to the standard I would like it to be and (b) it does not match the world of the edited versions of the first two books in the series (Of Cages and Crowns & Of Princes and Poisons). I continued to upload for longer than I should have due to the pressure I put on myself to upload. Take this as a lesson from me to take your own mental health seriously. 🙂 It is okay to take a step back from things and BREATHE.

FAQ:

❤️Why did you stop updating this book?
First, grief. I lost an uncle in 2018, an aunt in 2019, one grandfather in 2020 and another in 2022. I've now lost one of my grandmothers (who was like a friend) this last September of 2023 and I am a caregiver for my other grandmother who has dementia—she doesn't know who I am most of the time. That aside, between working on the first two books in the series for pub, writing other things, and working through depression~I didn't have the emotional bandwidth to upload. I also didn't think this draft aligned with the new versions of the books and I already saw a lot of changes coming for book three for the published version. Stepping away filled me with an immense sense of guilt. It still does. I have put off writing this update for MONTHS for that exact reason. I hate that I never finished this book.

❤️Book three will not come out in my country, how will I read it if you don't finish uploading on Wattpad?
The published version of the third book in the series will be posted on Wattpad the same day as the book is released in print—so you will be able to read it here. I promise. I would never leave you hanging. I promise.

❤️ Can I still read this draft?
Sure, it's just not my favorite and the world building/plot may not line up with the new versions of the books. If you read those, you will be confused and may leave the series feeling like I didn't tie up all the loose ends (or even fix any of the problems!). I this you would like it better if you waited.

❤️When does book three come out?
I don't have an official release date yet. You can follow me on Instagram (@briannajoyc) to keep up with book news. I am working on a new pro just now, so to find out all about that—go follow me there! I will also do my best to announce release date/series stuff here.

❤️How can I contact you?
Instagram DM is always the most reliable way. @briannajoyc I can't promise to answer, but there is a better chance that I will there than Wattpad.

I know this may not be what you want to hear, but I don't want anyone else starting book three without knowing it isn't finished. I already feel a lot of guilt about not finishing it on Wattpad. You know I love you immensely. My Wattpad readers mean everything to me. If life hadn't gotten in the way, I would've continued to update. This was just one thing I could take off my plate and by the time I came back to it, it was apparent that it didn't make sense to continue with this version of the draft. The new version will be better and I will be happier with it. 🫶💕📖✨

Lastly, if you could all do me the biggest favor and rate and review the first two books on Amazon and Goodreads, I would appreciate it. So much. Even if you just leave stars. Things like that really have a huge impact on sales and help Amazon and Goodreads recommend the books to others. 📚

Books one and two are out in paperback (with beautiful new covers) on June 18th.

Thank you in advance.

Brianna 👑🔥

P.S.
Please don't hate me 😘

The Reckless Reign.
Midnight, Eastern Time.
October 2, 2020.

Hello,

This is just a note letting you know that this is the third book and final book in The Culled Crown series. If you've read the other two books, thank you. I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to get to know my characters. I know you've probably heard again and again, but it really does mean everything to me. I am only here, writing the end to Monroe's story, because of you. If you read TCC when it was free, thank you. If you read it after it was edited and in the Paid Program, thank you.

If I've learned anything from my time on Wattpad, it is that readers have great power. In my opinion, you are all goddess-touched. You may not bear the mark of it, but you have certainly left a mark on me and on this series. Your reads and your excitement are what got Monroe's story where it is today. And I believe that it will be your voices that keep her story growing.

Ending this series is bittersweet. I've dwelled in Erydia for a long time. I've loved two different princes. I've fought through many Culling trials. And I have cried over quite a few characters. Thank you for going on that journey with me. I'm sure I will say this and much more after I've posted the last chapter, but I also wanted to say it here. Before you start.

I hope you aren't too impatient and you don't skip this note.

It's tempting, I know.

My upload schedule will be Tuesdays and Thursdays at midnight. And sometimes earlier, because I'm an old woman and I want to go to bed. I also have the self-control of a  ___*___ (*insert something that doesn't have any self-control here), so sometimes I'll just be too dang excited to wait and you'll get an early upload. You're welcome in advance. If you've ever read along while I uploaded, you probably already know the drill.

Also, if you've ever read along while I uploaded you will know that I usually hang out on Wattpad within the first hour of posting, so I can chat with you in the comments. So, please don't be shy. We're all friends here. We can be stressed together.

For more information on The Culled Crown series and other projects, follow me on Instagram (@briannajoyc) or check out my website (www.briannajoycrump.com).

You guys are (and will forever be) my favorite people on the internet.

Keep being amazing. 🔥🧡👑

 🔥🧡👑