Cherry Wine

Something in the way you're looking through my eyes,
don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive

***

Summary

Stories tell you about girls who play with fire and come out unscathed. They tell you about girls who play with fire and end up falling in love with it. Thinking about it always made me laugh. Oh, how nice it would be if all that were true.

Because fire isn't something you could hold in your arms and dance with. It's not your lover. It's not something which can be loved. I'll tell you what the stories forget to mention. i'll tell you what really happens when you play with fire. Girls play with fire because it's been so long since they've felt something. Girls play with fire because once you touch it, you can't let go. Girls play with fire and all they can do in the end is burn, burn, and burn.

***

Everyone likes a conventional story. Girl meets boy. Girl falls in love with the boy and vice versa. Happily ever after.

Let me narrate a story ugly and bloody as sin for a change.

This is not a love story. This shows everything that is wrong and horrible about the concept of love. I wrote this story to prove how deadly and dangerous toxic relationships are and how they hide behind the guise of 'true love'. Please, I beg you, do not sympathize with the villain. It's not a story of coming over 'hard times'. Abuse is abuse.

Trigger warning: explicit language, violence and abuse

+ Character aesthetics +

Noah Dimitri Winters

"There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin."

Abby Davis

Abby Davis

"Am I who I thought I'd be
when I dreamt of sanity?"

"Am I who I thought I'd bewhen I dreamt of sanity?"

***

Blood on my shirt, rose in my hand
You're looking at me like you don't know who I am.
Blood on my shirt, heart in my hand,
Still beating.

***

+ playlist +

I knew you were trouble- Taylor Swift

Lovely- Billie Eilish, Khalid

Pienso en tu mira- Rosalia

Scared to be lonely- Dua Lipa & Martin Garrix

Cherry wine- Hozier

Pulling teeth- Green Day

Teeth- 5 Seconds of Summer

Kiss with a fist- Florence & The Machine

Ultraviolence- Lana Del Ray

Poison- Gems