Chapter 11

Kendall pisses me off by putting her nose where it doesn't belong! As I pull into my parent's driveway, my phone buzzes, indicating I'm getting a text. I guess that it's Kendall, but when I check the screen, I see that it's Sam. Shit! Now I feel weird. Thank you, Mrs. Kendall Denson!

Hey! Are we still good at checking the house before you head to work tonight?

I stare at his text, unsure how to answer it. Fuck it!! Kendall is full of shit!!

Hey, Sam. Yeah, we're good. See you at your place at 2:30. That is if you send me your address.

He replies.

I will if you promise not to start stalking me.

I laugh out loud at his ridiculousness!

You wish!

He responds.

Do I?

I reply with a smile plastered.

If you're so worried, you big baby, give me the house address, and I'll meet you there.

I watch the bubbles, waiting for his response.

Touchy, touchy. Fine! 682 Fallow Lane. Don't be late.

I shoot back.

Or what?

He quickly answers.

I'll think of something...

I end the conversation.

I'll see you promptly at 2:30.

I planned to go from Kendall's to Sam's, so I'm prepared for work. I check the time, 1:30. I smile. You don't want me to be late, Sam. How about forty-five minutes early!!

I pick up a six-pack of Sam's favorite beer before heading to his house and pull into the driveway as a gorgeous redhead and Sam leaves his house

I pick up a six-pack of Sam's favorite beer before heading to his house and pull into the driveway as a gorgeous redhead and Sam leaves his house. I'm surprised when I feel my heart drop.

"Why the hell do you care, Mallory? He's single and unattached," I say aloud, then notice Sam smiling at me through my car window.

"Are you staying in there till the clock reads 2:30?" He grins.

I laugh and shake my head. He opens the door and reaches out his hand for me to take. Instead of taking his hand, I hand him the six-pack of beer.

He places a hand on his chest. "Whoa! What's this? And you're early?"

He starts to look around. "Am I on candid camera?"

"Ha, ha, very funny," I say as I get out of the car and again see the redhead standing there watching our conversation.