Chapter 58 ~ "I wish I could stay"

☆ Hey Readers! Just wanted to take a second to thank everyone for reading, I know 3k may not seem too impressive but it feels like loads to me! It makes me smile, so thank you for making my week :)) You're all wonderful! ☆ 

Nate

I wake up early seeing the sun starting to rise. The warm pink-ish light comes into the room and I smile looking around at the mess surrounding us. Last night had been incredible, it wasn't what I'd come up here for but I was happy with our choice nonetheless.

Sex had really never been like this for me before. With Sasha it was incredible, it was something I seriously doubted I could ever get enough of. Afterwards we just laid down together, I pulled her into my chest and she traced patterns over me with her finger.

This morning there were clothes thrown everywhere, a spent condom wrapper on the nightstand and together we slept in a sea of white disheveled bedsheets. I look down to see her still asleep, right by my side. Her beautifully crafted hairstyle is falling out of its pins, her make up is starting to wear-off. 

I look at the sunrise and feel completely happy. This is one of those moments where you think of how lucky you are, where you sit and wish everyday could be just like this. The sky is really beautiful, it's full of gorgeous colour. I just lay there in silence, holding her close and enjoying the silence. 

Everything between us had been non-stop for weeks now. But right now it felt as if time was standing still. There wasn't anything I was thinking about, nothing I worried about.

"Sash." I say quietly, running my hand up and down her arm. She stirs a bit, but tries to settle back into my chest. "Baby wake up." I whisper, kissing her forehead.

This time I watch her eyes open and she smiles back to me. She does a small stretch and then kisses my jaw, which only makes me smile more.

"What is it?" She asks quietly.

"Look at the sky." I whisper and she looks over her shoulder, out the window. 

"It's beautiful." She whispers back, rolling away from me and onto her side. She pulls my arms around her though, her back is still pressed into my front.

I look at the hairpiece that still sits in her hair and I run my fingers over it. She reaches back for my hand and gives it a small kiss.

"This is nice." She whispers and I nod, knowing I feel exactly the same way.

"It's amazing." I whisper, giving her a good squeeze. "I thought I should let you sleep but....I just wanted you to see this."

"I'm glad you woke me." She says, rolling back over to face me. "I can sleep on the plane, I wanted to see you before you disappeared."

"I wish I could stay." I tell her and she smiles. "There's nothing like waking up in bed with you." I whisper, playing with the ends of her hair.

She ends up rolling on top of me and running her fingers through my hair. I just smile, moving my hands down to her waist.

"I'll be back tonight." She tells me. "Then we'll both be winners."

"How do you know? Maybe we'll lose." I insist and she giggles, shaking her head.

"You won't." She whispers. "Not with you playing."

"I'm not that valuable to the team, Sash." I remind her and she sighs.

"Well you're valuable to me." She tells me, tracing my cheekbone with her thumb. "And when I come home and your team is eating cereal out of the trophy, or whatever it is you do to celebrate, I'll be there to say I told you so."