𝟷𝟿 ❁ 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚓𝚎𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚗𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕

^^Kayanna's dress, jewelry, and^^
^^heels for midsummers^^

After JJ was arrested, Pope went off on his own. Kiara seemed to think he went to the chateau. Kayanna had no idea but continued helping Heyward. There was a sadness in the air. Sadness for JJ. Sadness for what almost happened to Pope. They worked in silence for the most part.

Kayanna was absolutely exhausted by the time Kie dropped her off at home. The girls made plans to meet at midsummers the following night before Kayanna made her way inside.

• ❁ •

Kayanna walked up the steps of the chateau. It was about 11am and she had made her way there hoping to find Pope. She wasn't completely sure why she'd walked all the way there, while still not feeling quite amazing due to her "concussion". But, nevertheless, here she was. Did she know what she was going to say to him if she found him? Absolutely not. She hoped to at least make him feel a little better after what happened.

She stopped at the front door, unsure of what to do. Yes, she'd been here quite a few times now. But could she just walk in? That'd be weird. But knocking? That felt weird, too. Hell, the fact that she was there alone and completely on her own felt weird.

Deciding that a knock would probably be the safest decision, she lifted her hand and knocked a few times. Not long after the door swung open revealing a shirtless John B.

"Heyy, what are you doing here?" He asked. Kayanna wasn't sure what she'd expected but it was not John B answering the door... with such a chipper attitude.

"Um... I was just looking for Pope... is he here?" She asked glancing past John B.

"Nope, haven't seen him." He answered turning around and walking towards the kitchen. He left the door open, beckoning Kayanna to come in. She stood still for a second, unsure of what to do. After a moment she decided to take a step inside and inched after the whistling John B. "Did you check his house?" He asked throwing some chips in his mouth.

"Uh, no. Kie thought he'd come here last light and I thought he might've slept over." Kayanna spoke from the entrance of the kitchen, slightly uncomfortable.

"Yeah, nope, haven't seen him." John B said, getting a beer out of the fridge. He held one up to Kayanna but she shook her head. "Why would he come here last night?"

"Because he was upset about JJ getting arrested."

That got John B's attention. "JJ got arrested?! What for?"

"Uh, he took the blame for Pope sinking Topper's boat..."

"What the hell? Fuck," he said under his breath. "He's gonna get it good." He spoke quietly, his previously chipper mood slightly dampened.

Kayanna stood awkwardly in the entrance still, shifting her weight on her feet. "Uhm... okay, well, since he's not here I'm just gonna go—" she spoke, turning to leave.

"Hey, uh, hold on." It was John B who looked uncomfortable now. "I just wanted to say that... I'm sorry for how I treated you when you first got here. I didn't even know you... and it was really, uh, unfair... to you... so, yeah."

Of all things to come out of his mouth, that was definitely not was what Kayanna expected. "Oh, uh, it's okay." She smiled what she hoped looked like a genuine smile and not a tight lipped one. "I'm sorry about your dad."

"Thanks." He said quietly with a small smile.

"Yeah..."

"Okay..."