Chapter 11

I wasn't always like this

"Louis walk away and cool off

"Louis walk away and cool off. Don't do something you will regret". He looks down at me and his eyes are filled with hatred. He walks away grabbing his cigarettes out of his pocket. I inhale and exhale calming the built anxiety in my chest. "Are you ok"? Luke asks softly reaching to grab my hand. I snatch my hand and pull it to my chest. "I'm fine". I jump out of the car and slam the door shut. Bruno comes around smiling sadly at me. "Let's just get you some clothes".

I don't even know why they are bothering buying me clothes. It's evident they don't really want me here. It's only a matter of time before Vince sees that and sends me into foster care. He might be my biological father but he isn't my dad. I only have one of those and he is dead. Luke and Bruno pull me into the boutique. No one else was in there it was just us three. Everything looked crazy expensive and looked like only the best of the best models would wear them. "Hello, boys I believe you have an appointment for this young girl". The elder lady looks at me smiling. Her smile was surprisingly warm and genuine. "Hello, sweetheart I must say you are quite beautiful". My face turns hard crimson and I gaze down to my old busted Converse sneakers. I suck at taking compliments. I hate getting them. They just seem fake and untruthful. "Oh, um thanks I guess.. you too". My voice was low and sounded really unconvinced. She giggles softly and before I know it her hand caresses my cheek. "I meant it". I match her smile and it's the first time in years I really smile. She turns to the boys with a harsh glare. "Have you being feeding her". Her voice sounds scary as hell and demanding. "aunty Lia". I practically choke on air and I look at the lady with wide eyes.

"You're my aunty"? Jesus, how can this goddess be even related to me? She smiles at me and wraps her arms around me tightly. "Oh, I finally have a girl in the family"! She cheers and hugs me tightly. My shoulder practically screams at me and I feel my whole body swallowing me up. She lets go and glares at the boys. "You boys need to take better care of her"! she orders and I see the boys gulp staring at their terrifying aunty. "Yes, aunty Lia". Both the boys sigh in sync. She giggles before turning to me. "Now let's get you a wardrobe". My face scrunches up and before I could dig my heels in she grabs my arms and drags me along. My shoulder basically feels like it's being ripped off. I bite my tongue as tightly as I could to hide my whimper and cries.

She grabs basically everything she can see and throws it in the changing room. "I got you size six and size eight though I imagine you only being size six". She says glancing up and down my body with sad eyes. Which only makes extremely body cautious and even more disgusted about me. "ok". My voice sounded cold. She looked surprised and a bit hurt about my coldness. But what else can she expect if she is judging me like she was and staring at me with pity? "I will put these in the change room and you change and try them on in there sweetheart". I nodded and then she asked me what my bra size was which was extremely embarrassing. Considering mine are none existent. "Ok sweetheart I will sort out some undergarments for you and other necessities you will need. You just change and try those and call me if you need anything". I nodded and walked into the change room. Turns out Lia is some big fashion designer. Damn, I would have never thought my biological family to be so big, rich, successful and fancy.

I didn't bother trying and changing. That's the only effort and my shoulder will probably fall off if I decided to put it through that. So, I just separated the long sleeve and baggy clothes. After a lot of sorting I stepped out and Lia came to me. she frowned seeing the clothes in my arms that I choose. "Was there anything wrong with the other clothes? You will get awfully hot in only these clothes". She scanned the clothes I chose with a pout. The boys came over putting their phones away. Surprisingly Louis was here now. "No all the clothes are fine I just like these". Louis rolled his eyes before snatching the clothes away from me. "She will just take all of them". He demanded and Lia's face lightened and she looked approved of this decision. At the checkout, I choked on my spit looking at the price. Holy sh't! how the hell does clothes cost that much. The boys looked unfazed and Louis tapped the card like it was nothing.

"you tell your father that he has to let me and my family visit so we can all get to know my little angel niece". Her voice was cold and demanding and she smiled at me lightly winking at me. I do admit that I like Lia a whole lot better than my so-called brothers and Vince. "yes we will tell dad". Bruno nodded smiling down at me. Lia beamed and gave me another deathly tight hug. I am terrible at hugs. I hadn't ever being hugged before until I came and met this family. Her hug was tight and warm but me being my awkward self not knowing what to do I just awkwardly patted her back. "Bye baby girl, this is my number". She passes me a business card smiling down at me. "You make sure to call me if any of these boys cause trouble, ok? Us girls have to stick together". She smiles at me tucking a hair behind my ear. Her gestures remind me of a kind loving mother. I wish so badly that I got a mother like Lia. I wish Margaret was kind and loving like her. I wish my real mother was like her. Oh if only... "thankyou". I whispered she smiled and kissed my forehead. My eyes widened but I shook the thoughts of mike and the memories of dad away.

"ok let's go". Louis says grabbing all ten bags before roughly grabbing my hand and shoving me away. It hurt like a b'tch on my shoulder and body. I bit my lip so hard it drew blood though it couldn't help my slight wince. Louis looked at me with confusion but his face quickly darkened. "Just get in the car". I rolled my eyes and got in the car. I wish I could live with Lia. She is like the mother I use to always want. But sadly in my reality, I am stuck in a cold dark over testosterone angry household. I slump back in the house feeling some relief on my burning shoulder and collarbone. "You will get shoes another day dad needs us home". I nod feeling to in pain to answer verbally. The boys start talking in Italian so I don't understand what they are saying. But from what I can hear it sounds serious considering how angry they are.

I wonder what's it about?