Chapter Eighteen: "I'm ready."

Some of your questions will be answered in this chapter.

Chapter Eighteen: "I'm ready."

"Living in my own world, didn't understand. That anything can happen, when you take a chance," Max sings.

"I never believed in, what I couldn't see. I never opened my heart, to all the possibilities," I continue.

Max and I are currently driving back to the Taylors' house. After a few hours of shopping, Max decided that it was time to go back home. I hesitantly agreed with him, not wanting to face Ryan, but soon realizing that I would have to someday.

"This could be the start of something new! It feels so right, to be here with you!" Max and I sing in unison.

The very amazing High School Musical song ended, and we continued to listen to more High School Musical.

After the long car ride, we eventually made it back to the house.

Max parks the car in the driveway, and I just sit staring at the house in silence.

I really don't want to go inside and face Ryan. But I'm going to have to eventually, so it's now or never.

I take a deep breath, unbuckling my seatbelt, and getting out of the car.

I am faced with Brenda and Nick running over to me.

"Oh, sweetie! Are you okay? I was so worried about you," Brenda asks, giving me a tight hug.

"We were so worried about you," Nick says, wrapping me in a hug as well.

I nod my head, giving them a sad smile. "Yeah, I'm alright. I'm really sorry for leaving like that. I was feeling very emotional, but I shouldn't have done that."

"It's okay, sweetie," Brenda tells me.

I look up and see Ryan standing in the doorway. Max motions me over to talk to Ryan.

I turn and start walking up to Ryan. When I reach him, I stare at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm sorry," He says, not sounding very believable.

I raise an eyebrow at him.

He sighs, "I didn't mean what I said. I was upset because Kenzie and I go into an argument and what I said was totally uncalled for. I know you were going through a hard time and it was not right for me to say that. Do you forgive me?"

I look down, a smile starting to form on my face as he holds out his arms for a hug.

"I guess. You owe me though," I reply, giving him a small hug.

He laughs, "Yeah, whatever you want."

I turn around and see Max walking towards me. I give him a much-needed hug.

"What's this for?" He asks, mid-hug.

"Thank you for coming to get me. I don't think I would've ever left if you didn't come," I say into his ear.

He pulls away, "No problem."

I grab my bag from the back of Max's car and go up to my room to unpack.

After I close my bedroom door behind me, my breathing starts to get ragged. I start hyperventilating.

What's going on?

I slowly slide down the wall, putting my head on my knees.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.