Ten

Skull

Evie— has been on his mind 24/7, twenty four hours of every day as he lay in his bed at two in the morning after his night at Pixies which Skull had far from enjoyed. Seeing Killer's hands on her had angered Skull to the point where he wanted to choke his brother but he knew the rules, the biker rules. Skull had yet to verbally or physically claim Evie and therefore she was fair game, although Skull knew the reason Killer had gone after Evie was only because he wanted his reaction which he'd gotten after Skull had abruptly left the table to lick his wounds.

Skull had always prided himself on being difficult to read but his brothers had seen straight through him when they'd caught him holding Evie's hand a few days prior. He had a soft spot for her and now his closest friends knew— a soft spot he had intended to keep a secret but it was too far out of the bag now as Killer and Cash seemed to connect all of his unconscious reactions to Killer's flirting to equal jealousy. Skull had been too tired to rebut as they made their own assumptions.

"Well— are you going to claim her? As her out?" Red had asked.

Skull hadn't answered because he didn't have answer, there was so much he needed to see about. He'd been attacked on his land by assholes looking for what the Mafia had given him and here he was thinking of a blue eyed woman who'd woken up at an ungodly hour of the morning to see about him, it made him feel funny inside, a foreign feeling Skull wanted to equate to fuzz but decided against it as he lay on a bed in the clubhouse with a knife wound on his chest.

"We don't have time for this, we have to discuss what happened tonight,"

His statement had made his brothers look around at each other wordlessly before they all nodded.

"But just a word of warning Skull, she won't be available for long— someone will claim her before you do,"

Skull had clenched his jaw at that but quickly shot the feelings towards the back of his mind before recounting what had happened to his brothers included the unknown language the trespassers had spoken and the jab they made at King whom they revealed knew who they were. So the days leading up to Pixie's had been filled with investigating as Cash discovered that the trespassers were Romanian but had been unable to find anything else on them. Skull had also made sure to keep the information about that night air tight from his other brothers who seemed to be speculating about what actually happened. Rumor has it common thieves had gotten into a bit of a scuffle with Skull trying to steal a motorcycle, the rumor had spread like wild fire.

And he let it— although Skull wasn't being truthful to his brothers he knew it was only temporary, until the mole was weeded out and the connections between the Romanians and his club were cleared up, then he would tell his club everything, until then harmless rumors would have to do. As the week progressed Skull found it hard to keep Evie off his mind, the woman seemed to have wormed her way in and was intent on staying. He remembered the way she had tended to his bruises, the care she'd shown him and not to mention the attitude she'd had with him after he'd snapped at her. He chuckled to himself, it was odd for someone to return his attitude but Evie had, which only made Skull even more interested. 

He sighed, returning his thoughts back to the present as he lay in his bed after Pixie's, stuffing the image of Killer's hands around Evie towards the back of his mind as Saw jumped onto his bed resting her head on his stomach as she drifted off the sleep. Skull moments later finding himself in a similar situation as he closed his eyes.

~*~

Skull stood in front of his mirror as he changed the bandage on his chest; the wound was healing nicely as he finished up before washing his face and brushing his teeth. It was around six in the morning when Skull grabbed Saw's leash and his running shoes before he stepped outside. The weather was cool and Skull sighed before clicking his tongue letting Saw know they were about to take off. Their runs were usually peaceful as Skull took his usual routes, as prescribed by Red and Evie, unfortunately, he had been taking it easy as this was his first run since he'd been attacked.