Chapter Five

The look of everyone game me was kinda of priceless. The other way I could describe it would be, "What? Where? Why? How?"

"Look, it's not like I'm going to live there, I just seeing where our coven is and finding more info on the traitor."

"Traitor?" The four girls asked.

"Yes, I believe that someone from our coven told the village where our house was."

Everyone was silent for a while after that.

Then Daisy said, "Who would do that? Why would they?"

Everyone looked disappointed at the traitor, whoever they were.

"That's what I'm gonna find out."

"Be safe Storm, and take Midnight with you, she'll find a way to protect you." Poppy told me.

I nodded in response.

"Stay safe." Skylar said, worry crossing her face.

"We believe in you!" Daisy cheered.

"Use your powers only if you have to." Flame told me. For a first time with, she was definitely smart.

"Get our family back." Topaz said, a warming smile on her face.

"I will girls. Now I better get going, don't wanna get there at noon." And with that I got up and left the clearing with Midnight.

As I neared our house I heard voices. Sounding like there was two females and a male.

"You can do it honey. Just focus your energy into your powers." I heard a soft female voice say.

"Almost there honey." A similarly smooth male voice said.

Then I heard cheering and a young female voice say, "I did it! I did it! I made a water ball!"

Witches?

I made my way around the house and peered around the corner. Midnight was a little more head on, strolling right out to them. As I peered around the corner I saw what was happening. It was a male and female, both looking to be in their early forties, with a thirteen year out girl with bright green eyes. They all had shinny black hair, and everyone but the mother had light brown skin. I could also see a lot of ache on the girl's face.

They all stopped when they saw Midnight. She stopped down in front of them before turning back to look at me. Following where she was looking, they landed on me. Quickly in a panic, and not knowing if they were a danger, I turn and sprinted for the nearest tree. Using my magic I made a strong, sturdy vine pull me up into the tree.

They jogged after me, the father and Midnight in the lead, then the mother, then the daughter.

I was breathing heavily with panic as they stood under the tree. Midnight started sending me calming messages as the father called up, "We're not going to hurt you."

I slowly calmed down and used the vine to get back on the ground. Picking up Midnight for comfort, I awkwardly stood back from the three of them.

"Are you part of the coven our village took?" The father asked.

"Yeah, Midnight and I were training when they took them." Thinking about what happened yesterday still made me feel a little depressed. The only thing keeping my hopes up was how close the village was.

"We were wondering if anyone was left. One of the reasons we started teaching Lily here." He said as he rested his arm around Lily's shoulders.

"Well, now that know I've safe right now, I'm Storm."

"Alex, and this is my wife Sally. We were both born in human families just so you know."

"I was witch born, well my mom's a witch and my dad is a vampire."

"I'm a werewolf, they're both witches."

I nodded my head in response. We all stood in awkward silence before their daughter, Lily, asked, "Will I be able to do what you can?"

"Yep. Like I told our thirteen year olds, with time you'll learn more." I gave her a bright smile, making her eyes glow. "Well I better get going. I was just heading to the village to find a way to get my family back."

Alex and Sally shared a look of concern and then a nod. Alex, turning to me, asked "Would you like to stay with us while in the village?"

"Really? You would let me stay with you?" I beemed.

"Of course. We were never part of a coven or a pack but we can only guess what it must feel like."

I put Midnight down and she started rubbing her head against their ankles.

"Oh yeah. This is Midnight, my familiar."

Lily started petting her as Sally told me, "You could pose as one of our nieces who's parents passed in some accident."

"Thank you, for all of this. I was heading for the village now if you'd like to join me."

"Of course. We did say as we were leaving we had family business to handle so we could say this is why." Sally said.

"Again, thank you."

"No problem Storm." Alex told me.

I think things might just become normal again.

~Thanks for reading! Enjoy the story :)~