In which the guys promise to protect me (11)

*Unedited*

"You said it was Kyle, Hunter and Jake?" Dom asked, his eyes on me. I glanced at Callum, since I was familiar with only one name.

Callum nodded, sitting down on a chair by the window.

He looked around for a second before asking, "Where did Ren go? A teacher will come soon to check attendance,"

Wes shrugged. He had paint on his cheek and on his shirt, but it didn't seem like he minded.

He was concentrating on his canvas, going back to it after both him and Dom examined me. Once he realized I wasn't really injured, Wes went back to stare at his painting.

"I doubt he cares," Wes said, not fully paying us attention.

"What do they want from him?" Dom asked, this time directing his question to Callum.

Callum shrugged, "I'm not sure, but it could be because he's new." He said.

Wes lifted his hand, "Also, did you see him? He's tiny!" he exclaimed, standing up and walking towards me. Callum stared at him, lifting a brow. "Shut up, you're not that taller," he noted, before looking at me. "Do you know why they were picking on you, Sam?" He asked.

Yes. But would they try to kick me out of the club because of how the school saw me? The weak kid who didn't deserve to be in their club. Will they not want to get involved because of this bet going around? It might be too much trouble for them.

Finally, I shook my head. It was better to not say.

Callum sighed, rubbing his face. "Well, either way- you're with us now, so we're not going to let them hurt you." He promised, giving me his warm, kind smile. Dom nodded, giving me a playful grin. "You can bet on that, Sammy,"

Wes glared at him and punched his arm. "Don't call him that, you pervert." Dom sent him a look, "I called him Sammy, how does that make me a pe-" "Everything you do makes you a pervert!"

Callum rolled his eyes at the as they argued, this time not bothering to silence them.

I felt myself tremble a bit. I didn't like lying to them. Maybe it was stupid. Maybe I should tell them the truth.

I opened my mouth to speak, but then the door opened.

"I thought you skipped," Callum said just as I turned to look at Ren. He closed the door after him, rubbing his hair. Black strands fell to his dark eyes, and I urged myself to look away before he caught me staring.

Even doing nothing, Ren really intimidated me.

"I was checking out the food at the cafeteria," Ren said, moving to Wes's canvas.

He stared at it for a second, a closed off expression on his face, before he finally said, "What is this shit?"

Dom immediately burst out laughing, but stop quickly when he got hit by Wes.

"Don't say that, Ren! It's art!" Wes defended himself, glancing at me. "Sammy, come see my painting and tell them it's good!"

All eyes landed on me, making my face warm up instantly.

"Um..." I hummed. Wes waved his hand, "Come on!"

He urged.

I ignored Ren, who still stood in front of the canvas.

Wes's painting was... something. I forced myself to smile, "I like it." I lied, though it was obvious I wasn't convincing anyone.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, "What happened to your cheek?" Ren's voice stopped anyone from commenting on my words.

I swallowed, not meeting Ren's eyes.

"Kyle and his friends were picking on him," Callum answered for me, giving me another once over. "We're not quite sure what they want with Sam, but it seems like we'll have to keep our eyes on them."

Wes put his hand around my shoulder, forcing Ren to drop his hand I forgot was still on me.

"Don't worry, Sammy-boy, we're going to protect you." Wes assured me. I felt Ren's eyes on me as I cowered away, still not used to being touched.

"We'll have to protect him from you, first," Ren stated, shocking me when he slapped Wes's arm away from me.

Wes gaped at him, "Me?! I'm harmless!" he told him, before putting both hands on my shoulders, making me face him. "Sammy, I'm not bothering you, am I?!" He asked, his eyes opened wide.

"You're already bothering him," Ren said, walking away to sit on a desk.

Wes ignored his friend, still looking at me and waiting for an answer.

I touched my throat, rubbing it slightly. "N-no, y-ou're not."

"Ah-uh!" Wes yelled, dropping his hands and turning to look at Ren in triumph. "You heard him?" Ren only rolled his eyes, leaning back on his palms.

"Alright, enough about that," Callum cut in, standing up.

"The teacher should be here soon to check on us. After that, I say we go out to it."

Dom stood up from his chair, stretching. "Yeah, I don't really want deal with all the kids." He said, mirroring my thoughts.

I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't like the crowded cafeteria.

The door opened, and in entered a teacher. She wrote our names, before getting out.

Wes lifted his bag, putting one strap on his shoulder.

"Let's get some food!" He called out, heading out of the club room.

When we'll come back, though, a surprise was going to wait for us here.

A very big one.

~*~

So... I'm really late -.-

In my defense I was kind of busy, but for the next few days I think I should be able to write another chapter and make up for that.

Also... Sorry for the short, not very interesting chapter >< 

Things would get more interesting soon, I promise!

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to...

Vote

Comment

Follow

And stay healthy!

StellarK25