And The Plan Begins

It was a warm August morning when I stuck my head out of our cabin window, a light breeze tickling down my spine. It had been about two weeks since Sadie and I had snuck out, two weeks since we had kissed, and two weeks since we had talked about it. Which was mainly my fault.

I guess you could say I wasn't in the best mood today, stress sweeping over the last couple of weeks like an ominous weighted blanket- and being late to breakfast definitely was not helping with that feeling.

"Morning." Julia peeked around the corner of the cabin, interrupting my thoughts as she came back from the bathroom.

"Hey." I said, stepping out onto the porch as she tossed her toiletries onto a table by the door. "Where's Aaliyah and them?"

"They already left for breakfast." She said as she tugged my arm, pulling me after her as she hopped down off of the porch steps. "I'm hungry as fuck. Let's go."

It didn't take long to hike to the dining hall, even though Julia practically had to carry me, my limbs feeling bored and numb.

I set aside my tiredness however, when Aaliyah plunked a bowl of Count Chocula down in front of me, a glass of water and a piece of jam toast.

"Hey," She said, interrupting me as I began devouring my breakfast , a drop of milk dripping down my chin. "I don't usually do nice things. Say thank you."

"Frank wou." I mumbled, downing the glass of water, as my stomach finally stopped growling. I had been eating like crazy the last few weeks, and the chub was definitely starting to show.

"Attention campers!" A microphone squealed across the dining hall as Mrs P stepped up to speak. "At lunch today we will be announcing the A.B.H, so we ask anyone who would like to apply to host this year would please write their name down on one of the scraps of paper that George will be handing out. This is also a reminder that A.B.H is only open to those ages thirteen or older, and the basket to submit your name is at the front of the hall. Thank you!"

She stumbled off the stage as C.I.T George passed out the flaky white pieces of paper, placing a cup of pencils on each of the tables as he walked by.

"What's the A.B.H again?" I asked, already scribbling my name down on the shard of paper, lifting another bite of toast up to my lips.

"August Ball Hostess, remember?"

Oh crap. I had totally forgotten about the end of camp ball- which was definitely surprising considering it was one of the highlights of last year It was amazing with the right hostess, and the summer before had had just that. A night filled with mischiefe, treasure and a little bit of horror, last years August Ball had set the bar high with a unique murder mystery theme.

Best of all however, it was the one night a year both C.S.N and C.S.S would be able to mingle freely with each other, the perfect time to catch up with old friends.

"Pass me your paper, I'll go drop it in the bin." Julia nudged at my shoulder, as she slipped out of her seat.

"Oh, thanks."

"Here take mine too." Aaliyah tossed a crumpled ball of paper towards her, before Ellie intercepted it, unfolding it carefully.

" 'Fuck you' ? That's what you wrote Aaliyah?" She snorted as she rolled her eyes and tossed the scrap of paper into the trash can next to our table. "C'mon, would it really be that bad if you were chosen to plan one of the most fun nights of the summer?"

"Uh, ya?," She let out a sarcastic laugh as she folded her hands on top of each other on the table. "I'm not gonna plan some girly, stupid, not to mention boring extravaganza just because Mrs. Ps fat fingers pulled my name out of a dirty old hat that C.I.T George found in the lake."

"Harsh." I giggled as George glared over at us from a table over, tossing pencils at another group of girls. "Anyways, we should get going." I continued. "I have something fun planned- or at least something fun that needs to be planned."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Oh my fucking god, Vie." Julia stopped in her tracks as the words left my lips. "There is absolutely no way I'm doing this. No way. No. Way." She held her hands up.

"Ah don't be a wimp." I smiled, bumping into her shoulder. "Clyde needs us to help him out with his photo project thing. He's a friend of Sadie and I's."

She stared at me open mouthed. "You must understand why I don't want to do this right? You're not only asking us to commit multiple felonies, but party with some rando from C.S.N. I can't be the only person here with a problem with this."

"I don't exactly know if I'd call this a 'felony' persay." Aaliyah butted in.

"You don't count. You're insane." Julia reminded her, as she shrugged in agreement and leant back against the tree she was sitting next to.

"Think of it as borrowing something without asking. We'll give them right back. Besides, is it really his fault? It was C.S.Ns assignment." I gave Julia my best puppy eye face, as she turned away from me, trying to smother her giggles.

"First of all, you look like a constipated duck. Secondly, NO." She said, as I nodded my head, and stood back up at a normal height.

"You know that means yes," I smirked, pulling a plastic bag of skittles out of my back pocket and popping a few in my mouth as I began again. "It's gonna be awesome, trust me. Plus, you'll have time to give yourself one of your mirror pep talks, because all we have to do now is get the stuff. Tonight is w-"

"Tonight?!"

Aaliyah giggled, as she, Sadie and Ellie sat down next to a tree, sipping cranberry juice out of a plastic cup.

Trying to argue with facts would probably just freak her out more, I figured, so I plastered on a smile, beginning to shimmy my arms towards her.

"Pleaseeee."

She groaned in annoyance as I wrapped her in a hug, swaying us back and forth.

"Pleaseeee." I smiled again.

"Oh my god." A violent sigh escaped her lips.

"Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease come with ussss."

"Stop." She rolled her eyes.

"Pleaseee-"

"Ugh fine. Just shut the fuck up." She smirked at me, prying my arms away from her as she held up her hands in defeat. "Fine. Fine. Fine you win."

I pumped my fist into the air, before pushing a curl out of my face.

"This is gonna be awesome."

NOTES: n/a

ᴘʟᴜɢꜱ:

𝕋𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕣: 𝕥𝕠𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕤-𝕔𝕦𝕡-𝕠𝕗-𝕥𝕖𝕒

ℙ𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕤𝕩𝕒𝕦𝕣𝕒

𝕊𝕡𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕪: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕝𝕜𝕣𝕦𝕖𝕘𝕖𝕣

𝕊𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕥: 𝕖𝕢𝕢.𝕤𝕜

𝕋𝕚𝕜𝕋𝕠𝕜: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕜