IV - Jonathan

Jonathan

"Doesn't look like much, does he?"

The silky voice floated above me. Opening my eyes, I found myself staring up at a girl who only looked a year or two older than me. Her raven black, long hair was loose, falling in a straight curtain as she looked down at me. My head was in her lap and I could feel my face begin to burn. She was really cute.

"What's your name?" she asked. It was the same voice.

"J-Jonathan." What was I doing here? Where was Seth?

Others in the room chuckled, drawing my attention away from the girl. I glanced around.

The room itself was impressive. The hardwood floors gleamed under the chandelier's light. Framed art on the walls looked authentic. The huge windows stared at us like gaping midnight eyes. People stood around in suits and dresses with wine glasses. Their whispered conversations died as someone stepped pass them.

He looked vaguely familiar, like I had met him recently. He had spiked blond hair, and brown eyes that seemed to glow-

Memories came rushing back. The camping trip, the attack. Seth laying motionless in the grass.

"Seth, he-" I tried to move. My body complained as I started to sit up, but the girl place a hand on my chest, keeping me down with very little effort on her part.

She smiled down at me. "I'm afraid he's already dead."

My chest tightened. "No, that," I tried to find the right words, fighting the feeling of dread as it seeped into me. "He wouldn't leave me alone."

"Oh?" She chuckled and looked away, glancing around the room at the others. "He's rather cute, should we keep him?"

Laughter spread through the room as I struggled to sit up again. I had to get way from here. Seth couldn't be dead. He was just hurt. I needed to get back there and help him.

The girl's cold hand found my throat and squeezed. "Be still."

Her tone of voice had completely changed. It wasn't long before I was gasping, my own hands wrapped around hers trying to break her granite-like hold.

"Michaela." Hale's disapproving voice crossed my ears as black spots danced in my vision.

She released me and I curled away from her, coughing. How could that tiny girl be so strong? I looked back at her.

"What are you?" I just barely managed to string the words together.

Her red lips curved into a sinister smile. She bent down low and whispered to me.

"I am your darkest dream." Michaela's eyes held mine as she sank lower to the floor. She moved gracefully, more so than a girl her age should have. Her red nails traced patterns on the sore skin of my neck, pausing only slightly as she passed over my pulse.

I glanced around nervously. The others in the room stared at me with a feverish hunger. Their gaze made me shiver. This wasn't right. There was something horribly wrong with all of this.

I started to inch away, but Michaela grabbed my arm and pulled me back to her. She wrapped her arms around me, I could feel her small chest pressed against my back. My heart tripled its speed.

"Yes, I think I will keep you. There's something about you, Jonathan. Something I have to have." Michaela's voice was soft. Her entire presence changed to something darker.

Fear gripped me. That deadly presence contradicted this soothing feeling I had in her arms. I felt trapped between the emotions. Laying here next to her, I felt like I could forget anything. My body didn't ache as much, my thoughts slowed. Why would I want to leave?

Michaela captured my attention as her lips pressed against mine. Pulsing, pulling, biting lightly. My first kiss.

"You're so handsome, too." Her voice was like velvet; warm and slightly fuzzy from the kiss. "Say you'll be mine, Jonathan."

How could I say no? I felt so much better. Nothing hurt. I felt calm and relaxed, except for this nagging thought that I was forgetting something. An important detail that I couldn't place in my mind.

Michaela shifted, leaving a trail of kisses down the side of my cheek, slowly caressing me as I lost myself in the feelings of pleasure. Her breath fluttered along my neck before she bit it. I gasped at the unexpected pain, then sighed as it faded away. Drawn out by her tender kisses and soft whispers in my ear.

I closed my eyes as the world grew more distant. My body seemed to float within her arms. Pleasure and bliss coursed along every nerve making even the smallest breath of air against my skin feel like I'd been brushed in silk. It felt amazing.

 Michaela's hands held me up against her. I didn't want this to end. I couldn't remember ever feeling this good. I felt her fingers play with my hair, moving stray strands away from my face. Then she kissed me on the lips. Darkness closed around me, and I sank into her world.