⊳⊳3⊲⊲

❝Damn, is this bitch a crackhead vampire? She stays up all night. In the morning you're looking at her like, did you ever go to sleep?❞
—Sister Souljah

Completely got the birthday from just doing the math and guesstimating, so yeah. If it's wrong, I'm sorry, because I couldn't find anything about Nik's bday.

⊳⊳|⊲⊲

Roxanne lay on the wood of the hotel room floor, staring up at the ceiling as she relaxed in the air conditioning. It had been two days since Niklaus had visited, but there was no word from any vampires. Her thoughts were filled to the brim with old memories. That same sadness engulfed her as it had a thousand times before over the millenium. Old, faded images traversed her brain. Soft laughter, warm hands, breathy kisses. 

She rolled, grabbing the file from under the couch of all the vampires she needed to know about in Mystic Falls. The file was a pale yellow and worn down from her handling it so much in the past week since Luke gave her the mission. The papers inside were nearly falling out and the handwriting was slightly smudged.

The first three pages were devoted entirely to Niklaus and his family, photos, names, aliases, birthdays, temperaments. She read through the hybrid's, which wasn't necessary, she had known Niklaus for a thousand years, a file didn't have to tell her anything about him.

Her lips twisted into a smile as she studied his birthday date. March 25th . . . memories came to mind of past birthdays. His eyes lighting up as she handed him a gift. Blood pooling on the floors. His smile, his laugh, his dark, menacing scowls. 

The next two pages after the Mikaelsons was devoted to the two Salvatore brothers. Young vampires with a history of falling head over heels for doppelgangers. Stefan was the more interesting of the two. Where he seemed calm on the surface, a blood-thirsty ripper slept beneath, awaiting the day he could rise. His victim's list was long and impressive. Damon, on the other hand, was just manipulative. Manipulative and dangerous, but like a kitten compared to the Mikaelsons. Death followed him on black wings, but not the same way it followed Stefan. 

Damon had more control over his bloodlust but was known to be impulsive for the ones he loved, he didn't always think before he acted and it often ended in people dead. Stefan was just homicidal. 

They were both handsome and their bodies had definitely molded to make them seem alive. Roxanne spotted the few telling details of vampires. Their skin was unblemished, no acne scars or actual scars, completely perfect. The second detail was that their faces seemed so alive, color in their cheeks and skin, arched eyebrows and smiling lips. The third detail was the eyes. A vampire's eyes looked almost stone cold and dead, which highly contrasted with everything else, that was, at least, when they were trying to look cool and calculative.

When vampires turned, their bodies made them seem more human, but with that their beauties were enhanced, giving them a slightly deified appearance. High cheekbones become more prominent, sharp jaw lines were sharper, a curvy body was curvier, etc. Their hair gained a shine and they always seemed like something from another world.

Rox had met thousands of vampires during her years on this Earth, including, at multiple points, the Mikaelsons. But, they wouldn't ever be able to remember her. She had made sure of that, each and every time that their lives overlapped. 

With this train of thought the blonde stood and decided to head to the library. She was bored, and what was better than a good book? As Natalie always said, nothing.

⊳⊳|⊲⊲

The second eldest Mikaelson sat in the back of a library, pouring over old manuscripts when he heard the thump of heavy boots. He looked up as a certain blonde walked past him, her hips swaying as she approached one of the bookshelves and began to look through it.