Weakness

"She's safer with me."

"SHE ALMOST DIED WITH YOU!"

I heard people screaming but I was to tired to open my eyes. I tried not to move as I listened.

"Colton honey can you tell us what happened?" A woman asked sounding a little bit like someone I knew.

"We we're pulling out of the restaurant and I saw someone following us. When I told Ruby is when things took a turn. They started shooting at us. I got her to drive while I started shooting back. We thought we had gotten away from them but one hit us from behind and then another hit us from her side. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt so she flew to me and I held onto her till I couldn't." He sounded like he was upset right now. I couldn't understand why because he knows how I feel about him. He should hate me back.

"I got out to go to the other car after the one left. This car had turned over and caught on fire a little so I didn't know if anyone had gotten out. After I checked it I came back and someone was standing over her holding a gun on her."

"Oh my baby." I heard my mothers voice and felt her place her hand on top of mine.

"I killed him and then carried her to my other car and we got her here."

"I think you know what needs to happen Henry." A mans voice said to my father.

"No! I won't let it."

"It's happening!" That was Colton I could tell.

"When she marries me that's the only way she will be safe!"

Now I was awake. I nearly jumped out of my skin and screamed 'what' faster then my dad could.

All around me was the Salvatores and my parents. All their eyes were on me now.

"Ruby!" My mother cried throwing her arms around me pulling me close. Dad wrapped his arms around us as held us both close.

"I know you don't want to hear this but she's safer with me Henry."

"SAFER!" I screamed as my parents pulled back.

"Ruby." My mother tried to intervene but it wasn't happening.

"I almost died with you." I bit out looking dead at Colton with nothing but hate for him. It seemed like everything went wrong with him

"It's because of me that your living right now!" He got up out of his chair and his father stopped him stepping in front of him.

"Listen to me Ruby sweetheart." Mrs. Salvatore said putting her hand on my arm.

"These attacks Are going to get worse."

"We can stop then!" My mom said.

"Henry." Mr. Salvatore said looking up to my father now.

"This is a lot worse then you think. They know that Ruby could be Coltons only weakness right now and they are going to do everything and anything to get to her. That means even going after your boys and your wife."

Just the thought of someone going after my family killed me more then anything.

My dad looked to my mother who was crying now. They knew we were fucked. There was no doubt about that.

"I don't want to lose my baby." She cried pulling me closer now.

"You want to lose them all?" Colton said softly but we all heard it.

"She will be safer in this family. When word gets out that she's with us there may be some people trying to get to you but this means that our worlds come together and that my men have to protect you as well." Mr. Salvatore continued. Dad has told me that he needed this to happen. Maybe now I needed it as well for my families safety.

"I'll do it." I said softly and everyone's eyes went back to me.

"Ruby." My mother cried.

"If you protect my brothers and my parents then I'll do it."

I went to sit up in my bed but I felt a sharp pain in my side. Both my mother and Mrs. Salvatore pushed me back down.

"Then it's settled. Once their married our families are one." I looked up to Colton who's face I couldn't read. Was he happy now because he won? Or was he mad at me?