An Eye for an Eye Makes Me Go Blind

"Quinn, Tory you guys have tour schedules you know where you're going yeah?" I asked both of them as we all slam my car doors shut.

They both nod vigorously but I can tell Quinn was nervous. She's a freshman after all, and our school was pretty big. She'll be fine. She's Quinn Drake. No one messes with the Drake girls.

"Good because starting now we don't know you, underclassmen," Ash said with a devilish look.

"Oh please you're still a junior," I scoffed at her as we link arms walking towards the gates.

"Hello, my pretty ladies," my best friend Scarlett joined us linking up with my empty arm. "You know you're coffee spill is all over Instagram right?"

"Ugh, not today can we please forget about that," I groaned. I don't want to think about Gemma or hazelnut coffee today.

"She's such a bitch for that, but hey that guy was cute who is he," she winked at me.

"Please stop," I couldn't help but laugh at all of it.

"Hey, Ash," some jock wearing a lettermen jacket winked at her.

"Who is that," I immediately turn to her and catch her blushing while she bites her lip to wave.

"That's Cam, you know the football player who asked me out at the beginning of summer," she squirmed a little.

"The senior?"

She nodded her head. I didn't say anything else because we are interrupted by the first bell. I'd have to grill her about it later.

At the beginning of the summer, Ash began to sneak around with a guy. She was always going out and doing something, but this time it was different. It was always the same loud truck I heard down the road at midnight, and how her creaky window opened at a certain time. She told me she was seeing a guy but wouldn't give me the name. Maybe because she didn't think it would go on this long. She had the history of a serial dater.

As Scarlett and I got to homeroom I almost stopped in my tracks. Of all people Gemma has to be in here. Great. Not to mention my homeroom teacher was one of Dylan's best guy friends from high school.

"Oh it's you," she sneered.

"Oh hey Gem thanks for the coffee yesterday. Although I'm not really a hazelnut girl maybe caramel next time," I smirked at her before sitting in the back of class.

"Hey Desi you had a nice bra on yesterday," Sam whispered to me.

"Really Sam?" I scoffed. "This is why you don't have a girlfriend."

"What I was trying to compliment you?"

The sad thing is, he was trying so hard to be sincere but the guy had no clue about how women work.

"Sam just take your L now," Scarlett whispered to him patting his shoulder.

***

At lunch I sat with Scarlett, Sam, and Ash. Although Ash kept making goofy faces at Cam the whole time. I tried to get her to go sit with him but she refuses.

"Scarlett where's Madi," I asked.

"Oh she forgot her snacks in her car so she'll be here soon," she rolled her eyes.

"So can you tell us the story again," Sam asked.

"Fine," I grumbled.

I go over every detail. Ash sat and swooned nudging Scar every so often. Sam sat there wide-eyed. Ash and Scar began to have a conversation about how this is a love story in the making. It started to make me want to puke that I shoved my sandwich away. It always has to be a big grand gesture with her.