C H A P T E R • 24

(one month after completely going MIA with this book I'm back lmfao)

VANESSA
■ • ■ • ■

I winced at the pain that shot through my legs as I continued to workout in the fitness room, the rest of my body aching just as much as I moved. Since Gabriel was sleeping off the painkillers he took before going to sleep, I decided that a nice midnight workout would help me relieve the stress that I've been feeling for the past month.

Nothing worked.

I swore to myself once I finished, walking to the cable machine and starting from there. Every inch of muscle in me was trembling but I didn't stop, beginning to do low-cable squats while focusing on the music playing through my earbuds. Just as I finished, a pair of hands wrapped around my hips, making me jump and turn around quickly. I took my earbuds out and stared up at Gabriel, trying to make sure he didn't catch any winces on my face when I moved.

"I've been looking for you," he told me softly, looking over my flushed complexion and how messy and out of order my hair was. "How long have you been down here?"

"Since you fell asleep after dinner," I responded, watching him raise an eyebrow. "I'm just blowing off some steam, Gabe. I'll be upstairs soon."

He grunted and I turned around, staring at the both of us through the giant mirror.

"I can help," he whispered, his lips brushing against my ear which made my breath hitch in my throat, "if you want my help, that is."

"Gabriel Díaz," I breathlessly scolded, gasping when Gabriel's hand trailed down my tight stomach with a grin. "Stop it, I'm trying to work out."

"Vanessa Díaz," he responded with a tired smirk, moving his head down slowly to kiss my neck. "I will not stop it because I've been unconscious for a month and need some sex."

I gasped and moved one of my hands to his wrist, guiding him to where I needed him most.

"Are you just going to keep using that against me?" I asked with a matching smirk. He licked his lips and kissed my neck once before pushing his hand passed my leggings, his smirk widening when I clenched around his two fingers when he pushed them in slowly. "Oh, fuck."

"Yes, I will keep using it against you." Gabriel chuckled. "Plus, you're already soaked and I would hate to have to make you finish off yourself."

I moaned, biting my lip when he pulled both fingers out before sinking them into me again, curling them up. My eyes fluttered and I gasped, holding onto his bicep.

"Let me at least shower first," I whimpered as he moved slowly, curling his fingers before pulling out, only to repeat it.

"After this," he grunted back, turning me around. He pushed me against the mirror and lowered himself into a low squat, tugging my leggings down until they were off. He lifted one of my legs over his shoulder, making me hiss from the pain but remain silent after that. Gabriel rubbed my thigh with one of his hands and teased me through my panties, running his tongue along my sensitive clit through the thin fabric.

I hissed, tightening my leg around his shoulder. "Shit."

He hummed and I felt him grin as he continued to touch but not really touch. I was wet and impatient and he was making me angry.