Part 9

With each step towards Vrinda's room, his heart grew heavier, echoing the multitude of emotions coursing through him. In his tumultuous mind, a whirlwind of thousands of unsettling possibilities unfolded, each more disconcerting than the previous, and none bringing solace to his troubled thoughts.

A part of him, the friend of Vrinda in him, wondered if Destiny would choose to shower mercy upon him. He imagined her reading through the book, her memory returning with each page. But deep down, he knew it was a far-fetched dream, a glimmer of fading hope in his heart.

His mind wandered, contemplating whether she secretly desired to meet Vivaan, the man she had dedicated the book to, holding it in his trembling hands. Would the fervent affection conveyed by the meticulously crafted words elicit the same feeling within her?

Though they were physically close, the emotional chasm between them felt immeasurable. If she were to insist on meeting the person she had idolized in her book, he would be left awkwardly shifting on his feet, desperately trying to string words together to form an excuse.

He scoffed at himself, realizing the predicament he had gotten himself into, as his restless fingers traced the elegant handwriting of the woman who had left an indelible mark on his heart.

As he grappled with numerous unanswered questions, his conscience remained steadfast, urging him to follow through with his decision to present her with the memories, forever preserved in her own words.

He pushed the ball into her court, waiting to see how she would respond. He would kneel, his head bowed in surrender, silently praying for a miracle to wash over her and restore her jumbled memories. Regardless of whether she chose to love him as Vivaan or Vihaan, or not love him at all, he would honor and accept her decision, just like he had with every other choice they had made in the past.

"Vihaan! Look who decided to show up! I thought you were tied up and couldn't make it today. I did not expect to long for your presence this intensely," she confessed, her lips curving into a joyous smile as her eyes shimmered with undeniable attraction.

"Indeed. Sorry, something came up, but I promised to see you every day. How could I possibly break my promise?" He asked, a slight smile forming at the corner of his lips, captivated by her enthusiasm to meet him.

He had made a solemn vow to himself to honor every promise he made to her from that moment on, determined to never break her heart or repeat the heartless mistakes of their past.

"Who knows, right? I thought maybe your girlfriend called or you had a date," she said, being nosy. Her unexpected query left Vivaan stunned, his eyes narrowing in response.

"My girlfriend?" he questioned, his eyes widening in disbelief. "What makes you believe that I am in a relationship? I don't have one," he replied, struggling to control the surge of emotions that threatened to overwhelm him, his voice cracking under the strain. Her flared nostrils conveyed the unmistakable certainty of her envy, creating a bittersweet moment that tugged at his heart.

"I noticed a picture of a girl on your phone that day when you were helping me walk. I thought she was your girlfriend because you don't have a sister," she said, smiling even more after he answered. There was a twinkle of cheerfulness in her doe-like eyes, and annoyance melted away, replaced by pure joy.

She couldn't comprehend why the knowledge of his lack of commitment brought her joy, but she allowed herself to be consumed by the overwhelming emotion. Many things lay on the floor of her subconsciousness, a jumbled mess that both perplexed and troubled her, offering no resolution.

Furthermore, the man in question shows no inclination to address their previous relationship, leaving her no option but to experience relief as her jealousy fades.