Chapter 27 - Back Off

Jacob Ashton

I knew something was suspicious, she ran away. It was so positive that I don't need to comfirm it. I saw it in her eyes when she left the house. I sat down alone beside the pool as I think about this.

I'll just cancel the wedding because it's the best for the both of us. We want different things and I know that by marrying, the both of us won't get anything.

I like her.. I do but I don't want to chain her into this marriage. I think she still likes her ex-fiance and there's no doubt that she doesn't like me. I got up from my seat and walked inside to find Tim's studies.

"Hi. Are you busy?" I said as I walked into his studies.

"No.. come in, Jacob." He said and I sat in front of him.

"Uhm.. I don't know how to say this but.." I took a deep breath and looked straight into his eyes.

"I want to get out from this wedding." I said and he smiled nodding.

"Very well then.."

"Wait! You're not mad?" I asked him confuse and he shook his head.

"No." He said simply as he took off his glasses.

"Because I think Catherine is still hesitating and maybe she's still not over her ex."

"Well.. I respect your decision and besides you tried to be with Catherine all of this time. I'm a little bit disappointed though because I really like you for Catherine and you both really suit with each other." He said and I nodded.

"Well.. she ran away and I know she's out there with someone because she's sick of my guts." I said and he laughed.

"That's Catherine for you.. she always tries to run away if she has the chance. She's just confuse with everything."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I thought you like her." Tim said and I nodded.

"I do.. I like her a lot. I never thought I will like someone either but I do like her but I don't want to tie her down when she doesn't even want this. She still wanted to work and she still has her dreams so.. I don't want to be in her way." I said truthfully even though I told her that I will force her to get married and even asked her for a heir but after thinking a lot about this.. I think I'm done fighting with her.

Me and Catherine kept doubting about the marriage and I bet there will be no answer to that. I hate to say this but marrying to each other will start a chaos and I bet we will end up divorcing each other. I don't want to hurt her either so.. I think this is the best time to back out.

"Okay then.. you should talk to Catherine about this."

"Well.. I don't think I need to because she ran away because she's sick of me so.. I already bought a ticket to Toronto tonight. I will cancel all the invitations and all the wedding related things once I got there. Catherine doesn't need to take care of everything because I will." I said as I felt my heart aching a little bit. I really like Catherine but if I don't back off now.. I won't be able to go away from her becausr I know I like her so much.

"Very well then.." Tim said nodding and I got up from my seat to hug him. He got up and he gave me a big hug as he patted my back.

"Very well.. take care of yourself, Jacob." He said as he patted my shoulder. I smiled and nodded. I walked out from the door and walked towards my room to pack.

Tim Ashton

I laughed so hard when Jacob left the room. I took my phone and dialed Joe's number. Joe picked up in no time and I decided to tell him the happy news.

"Jacob came to me and broke off the wedding." I said to Joe.

"And.. why are you laughing? It means we failed, Tim." Joe said in a disappointed tone.

"Catherine ran away this afternoon to who knows where."

"What? That serious? She must have hate him." Joe is clueless.. and I found myself tapping my head completely frustrated.

"They both like each other, Joe. I can guarantee that.. it's just the timing. Let's just let them go to have their own life and then we can make a new move again." I said and Joe chuckled.

"Oh.. really? But why she ran away though?"

"I overheard their conversation earlier that Jacob wanted a heir from her so they don't have to get married and Catherine's pissed." I laughed.

"Jacob asked that? I need to teach tha-"

"It means he really likes her.. wanting a heir means tieing her down, Joe. Why are you so clueless?" I let out a sigh.

"This is a little bit confusing but okay.. so what do we do now?" Joe asked.

"Let's give them time.. we'll play them again once the time is right." I smirked big time.

"So we have to cancel the wedding? All of it?"

"That's why I'm calling you.. instead of canceling it.. let's postpone the wedding. Help me to postpone everything but let Jacob know that you already cancel it all." I said.

"Okay okay.. that's a really good idea."

"Good.. because I know a tiny bit in Catherine's heart.. she was hoping for Jacob to come and look for her."

"You're crazy, Tim. I bet you will do this to Cameron too one day." Joe said in a concern tone.

"Oh you know I already have one in mind." I chuckled.

"I hope your plan works because I really want Catherine to marry Jacob." Joe said in a worried tone.

"Don't worry, I'm confident about this. They're meant to be together but let's just let their fate lead them this time." I said confidently.