Chapter 13 | Emotion swap✅

Word count: 829

《《《《《

NATHAN WALKER

"What the hell is happening here? Oh my God! My son!" Mother's voice interrupted us.

Shit, why can't I solve one issue in this house without any drama?

As mother came running towards us, Jasper quickly pulled away from Ethan. But he was already so bruised.

"Oh, Ethan! My baby!" She pulled him into a hug. "And how dare you lay your hand on my son?" She screamed at Jasper which he completely ignored.

When Jasper is consumed by rage, nothing can stop him. And this side is something that he reveals very rarely.

In a few more moments, I could see dad descending the stairs due to all the commotion. And he won't appreciate Ethan's presence. Fuck.

"Ethan?" His question met with utter silence.

"Why?" Shaking his head in silent anger. "Why are you back, after all the disrespect you've given us, son?" His voice boomed across the hall.

Without even yelling, we can say that dad was so mad. That's how he was. He never yells, he just becomes so silent that it's almost scary.

Ethan pulled away from his mother and walked to dad, and held his hands in his trembling ones.

"Dad, I know I'm unworthy of your love and forgiveness but please help me, dad! Please! I can't live without Venesa! You have to help me find her." cried out Ethan.

"Wait, so my sister is not with you? What did you do to her?" Shouted Jasper, who almost lunged on him for another punch but stopped when dad interrupted,

"What do you mean, Ethan? You ran away with your girlfriend, then where is she?"

So, Dad knew. Okay.

"I don't know, dad! I don't know! That's why I came for your help! She's pregnant, dad. Please help me!"

"She's pregnant? Ethan, you didn't tell us this part." Mother frowned at this news. Now that I see mother's reaction, maybe she did try to break off Ethan's relationship. The first relationship he ever had.

"How could I tell you, mom? You didn't listen to me when I said I didn't want the wedding! You never listened to me! And now she's gone." cried out Ethan, falling on his knees.

At that moment we could all see how much she meant to him. He does love her. I crouched down next to him, trying to console him when Jasper interrupted,

"Can we stop all this argument and search for my sister and my niece, now?"

"Yes, son."

■□■□■□■□■□■

It's been a day since Ethan returned, and we still couldn't find out anything. I appointed a special team, to search Venesa in Tokyo, New York, Seattle, and everywhere we suspected.

I just returned from work.

I entered my room to see Samantha sitting on the bed, talking with someone on her phone.

I left her talking and entered the bathroom and took a quick shower and changed into my grey sweatpants and plain white shirt.

"Hey your back," said Samantha, keeping her phone away.

"Yeah, I am. You were on the phone, I didn't wanna interrupt you."

"I was talking to Kat, she's Venesa's neighbor. And seems like she knew that Venesa was pregnant before she left but she had given Venesa her word that she'd keep her silence. Now that she's missing, Kat decided to tell me the truth."

Kat sounds familiar. From whom have I heard this name?

"Does she know if anyone was threatening or suspicious around Venesa?"

"I did ask her about that, but she wasn't exactly sure. Maybe we can check her friend's profile, you know?"

"Yeah, we should do that but now I'm exhausted. "

All this wedding, people missing had seriously worn me out. These days there is nothing but trouble.

I walked over and flopped onto the bed.

Suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped around my head. And my eyes fell close at that.

Now, I was lying on her chest, with her fingers stroking my hair.

I let out a yawn and pulled her into my arms, settling for a comfortable position.

Even with all these problems around, I was glad that our relationship had changed for the better which was weird.

It...felt safe, complete, and content. Almost overwhelming cause since we've met as children we never had peace. There was always rivalry, ego, jealousy. But now, there was nothing but peace and it was different. A good difference.

I could hear her heartbeat picking up.

Aww, someone was getting worked up.

I smiled.

"Your heartbeat is pretty fast, you know. I can hear it." I whispered.

"Oh, it is?"

"Yes."

"Who's fault is that?"

We shared a small laugh, as she pressed her lips to my forehead.

With that, we both fell asleep expecting the next day to be better than today.

I mean a man can hope right?

》》》》》

Quick update guys!
Writing this chapter was very emotional.

What do you guys think?

Vote, comment, and share guys.

Luv ya!

xoxo