III

A/n: Sorry for late update because I was so busy with assignments that I need to submit in this week and next week for different one. So, sorry about writer blocker and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

[Narrator Pov]

"Umm..." Alex heard someone is calling out and he turn around where he saw the young boy name Charlie stares at him unsure what to call him. "Oh, yes? And please just call me Alex since I use the same last name as Willy. Is something wrong, my boy?" Ask Alex and Charlie nods. "How long have you work with Mr.Wonka? And what is it that you do in the factory? I thought all the employees were let go when the factory closed." Charlie asks with full of curiosity that makes Alex smiles at this and make comfortable in his sideways sitting position, one leg on the seat which has his board resting atop it.

"Well, I've been worked with him after the week where Willy close the factory. And, my lazy husband of mine here, he love to create the new candy or chocolate for the children but he HATES anything about paperwork. So he push all of his paperwork that he need to finish of to me." Alex explains and notices that his husband is seems searching for something.

Quickly grab the bright pink ladle that matches with the boat beside him, Alex hands it to Willy who has his face lit up when he saw the thing that he had searching for. "Ah, thank you my dear." Willy grabs the pink ladle from his husband's hand and scoop some chocolate before gives to Charlie. "Here, some of this will do you good. You look starved to death." Willy Wonka said, handing the pink ladle to Charlie and when Charlie grabs the ladle from Willy Wonka's hand, both of them startled when Alex slap Willy Wonka's thigh with his clipboard, glaring at Willy.

"Willy, don't be rude to him." Alex warns and Willy Wonka giving another pouts which making Alex rolls his blue eyes before continue his works. As Alex continue working, he tunes out of the conservation between his husband and his guests but you have no idea how he want to glare to bubblegum girl who being rude saying, "he's already said that."

Why you little-

Alex silently roll his eyes and continue working but stop when he heard Charlie boy asking a question to Willy.

"Do you remember what it was like being a kid?"

"Oh boy, do I." Willy Wonka said with a grin before his face falls, beginning to space out as his head lowers. "Do I...? Do I?" He mumbles, more to himself than Charlie. Alex and the guests quickly twists their seat as Alex feels worry about his husband's mental health. "Mr. Wonka! Mr. Wonka!" Charlie calls out trying to get the man's attention which doesn't seem to be working so Alex grabs Willy Wonka's hand, trying to make his husband snap out from his flashback.

"Willy..." Alex calls out and upon hearing Alex's voice, Willy Wonka successfully snap out from his flashback. "We're heading for a tunnel." Charlie finishes as the man gets his bearings on the present once more as he holding tightly his husband's hand. "Oh yeah. Full speed ahead!" Alex stares at his husband with concern looks and Willy Wonka response it by clenching his hand that holding the young man before release his husband's hand, giving 'I'm fine' look.

Knowing his husband is fine, Alex turn around in his seat. As the boat's speed starting to increase and plunged into the darkness of tunnel, Alex quickly holds clipboard and pen in one hand while on the other hand, he grip his seat to prevent fall. "How can they see where they're going?" Violet asks as they keep their steady on their seat. "Well, they can't. There's no knowing where we're going." Willy Wonka said and glance at Alex who nods before calling out, "Switch on the light!"

The lights turn on and out all of sudden the boat takes a sudden drop, sending everyone startled as Alex holding the clipboard tightly, feeling wind rushed by. When the boat make a sudden turn, one of papers become loose and Alex's eyes widen as he tried to reach of it, releasing his seat. With the momentum of the boat, he jolted sideways, towards the edge of the river and Alex feels that his shoulder being caught, and he's back on the boat. Alex quickly look behind him, to see his husband with his hand holding either side of him before pulling him up.

"Are you alright, love?" Willy Wonka ask, worries in his eyes and Alex nods. "Thank you..." Alex breath with a gulp and Willy Wonka smiles. "Your welcome but be careful, alright?" Alex smiles and nod before turn around. Alex decides to tune out all the way ride as Willy Wonka showing all the rooms that in the tunnel like, whipped cream, hair cream, coffee cream and many more.

"Stop the boat! I want to show you something." Willy Wonka said excitedly, quickly help Alex get off from the boat before he get out himself with the other guests following behind. "Behold, The Inventing Room!" Willy Wonka said while the groups look around in amazement at all the different machines in obscure shapes with different color flashing lights. "This is the most important room in the factory. Now, everyone enjoy yourselves, just don't touch anything, okay? Go on." Willy shoo's off the group and they walk away, leaving Willy Wonka and his husband alone.

"That boy, Charlie Bucket seems pretty doing well." Alex told to his husband, shifting through few papers that he had written about the boy's life and Willy Wonka nods. "Yes, he's doing quiet well. Oh, this is exciting!" Willy Wonka glee in happily making Alex chuckle at his husband's childish antics before his smile fall when he reading something and Willy Wonka saw this. "Is something wrong, darling?" Willy Wonka asks and reading what Alex had read that made him frown.

'Living with parent and grandparent'

"He even has a good relationship with his family...unlike us..." Alex murmured with a frown on his face as he remembered about his horrible past and Willy Wonka sigh. "Darling, Love, look at me." Willy Wonka quickly forced Alex to look at him by cupping his husband's face with his own hands. "They cannot hurt you anymore. You'll save with me and I'll do anything to protect you. They are not here, remember that?" Willy Wonka whispered softly and Alex slowly nods making Willy smiles before giving a soft kiss on his husband's forehead few times and a soft peck on lips.

"Good. Now let's see what are they up to. Shall we?"

Willy Wonka ask, offering his arms like a gentleman to Alex and the said male chuckle before taking the offer with smile on his face.

"We shall."

~(X) ~

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory © Roald Dahl

Reader © You

Book © Mine