IT WAS RAINING ALL DAY

It had been raining all day and I was feeling bored that evening. As the single child of my family, I had no one to play with. My mother was cooking downstairs and my father was away at work. To relieve my boredom, I sneaked into my father's study which was normally locked. I was not supposed to go there but I was lucky that evening because my father had forgotten to lock it that morning. As an 11-year old boy, I was intuitive and curious. I opened the drawers in the study and looked inside. To my surprise, I saw a file with my name on it.

Then, without hesitation, I opened the file and I found newspaper cuttings in it. Upon looking at the cutting I was astonished to see news reports about me. The reports stated that I was abducted when I was three years of age. There were also pictures of me and my biological mother. "The parents that I am staying with now aren't my real parents ?". I mumbled myself in disbelief and surprise. " How could this be?".

Full of curiosity I took the news report and showed them to my mother. She was petrified upon seen the reports. At first, she seemed hesitant, to tell the truth. Then, she started to weep and beg for my forgiveness. Coincidentally my father arrived from work. When learned that I had discovered he apologized to me and admitted that he kidnaped me when I was three.

"Being an infertile couple, your mother and I had to always long for a son". My father explained. " Eight years ago, I saw you playing alone in the playground and could not resist temptation about you and make you ours. I was in tears and dumbfounded my parents then started packing their belongings. In the middle of the night, they took me to my real parents home. Then, they left as did not wish to caught by the police.

"My son where have you been all these years? who kidnapped you" cried my mother when she saw me, crying happy tears she was able to recognize the instant she saw me. I told her everything, she was overjoyed to have me back and hugged me as if she did not want to lose me for the second time, I was reunited with real family. I have an older sister and younger brother. Even though I was with them only three years I could feel the love.

It has been five years since the reunion with my family. Up until today, the couple who kidnapped me has not been caught yet. Although they are not my biological parents, they still treated me like their own son. I always think of them and wonder they are now.