Chapter 20

Covey

Watching Lara-Jean squirming beneath me was everything. The way she was panting my name, held unto me, screamed my name. It was beautiful.

Lara-Jean had passed out immediately after and I had just lay there, tracing my fingers over her face, her lips slightly parted.

So this is how Edward Cullen felt, I thought to myself, smiling softly.

The next morning I woke up before Lara-Jean and I just lay there smiling. I had class, I would much rather have laid there and watched Lara-Jean sleep, but I had class. And tuition was expensive, I wasn't about to waste it.

With a final lingering kiss on Lara-Jean's head I got up and began to prepare for class. She was still asleep by the time I was out of the shower and dressed up.

'Wow, so I still got it in me', I arrogantly thought to myself, smirking slightly before walking out of the dorm room.

It was crazy, I hadn't felt this free in a while. I was euphoric, then I thought back to Lara-Jean's mum and my blood boiled. She didn't deserve this, nobody did. I know her mother most definitely did not deserve her.

"Woahhh, Covey."

Literally blinded by my rage I looked up and realized I had bumped into Michael.

"Oh hey, sorry." I mumbled.

Michael looked like he was about to say something witty but upon seeing the look on my face he just paused, and decided instead to walk me to class.

I could barely wait for class to be over and I had shot out of my seat, basically running back to my room. I just wanted to see Lara-Jean. To hold her, have her in my arms, and whisper into her.

I opened the door and it was empty. My bed was perfectly made(the sheets had been changed), but there was no Lara-Jean and I groaned. Of course she wasn't here. She probably had class or something, she has a life to she wasn't going to be lying around in bed all day, waiting for the next time I was going to show up to sex things up.

I sunk into my bed, tracing my tattoos softly. It was crazy, I was usually such an independent person, but now, ever since Lara-Jean came into my life, she was all I could think about. Nothing else mattered. It seemed my life revolved around her, it seemed that was all there was, and she was all there was.

I stared at my tattoo running down my arm. And I got an idea.