Chapter:5

Jacob^^^^^

Day after day, it was nearly impossible to get away from Jacob. It was nearly Christmas break when Jacob finally cornered me. "Why won't you go out with me?" He asked. "Because I don't like dating in high school." I told him. "I've been waiting for some sort of answer. That's all you had to say instead of I'm still thinking about it." He said.

I sighed. "I won't do anything you don't like sweetheart. If you want to wait until after your graduated I'm cool with that. I'll wait. If you don't want to date me, that's fine too. But if you ever need anything, I'll be here. I know your family is associated with the law, I can already tell ya, we're not going to purposely try to break the law. Yes there's going to be illegal drugs and alcohol.

"We're not going to make it look like we're doing it." He said. I nodded. "Have a good day then sweetheart." He said before letting me go. The bell rang for the late bell. I had to jog to get to my class. Luckily the teacher wasn't in the room yet. As soon as the bell rang, I was going straight to my truck.

A few of the guys from the club were hanging around my truck. "Excuse me." I said several times. When I was able to get to my door, one piped up. "Why won't ya date Death?" "Ask him." I answered getting in. Two bikes blocked my path. I honked before threatening them. Jacob came out making them move. I tore away from the parking spot and went straight to the diner.

I parked in the back and went through the back door. "Late." The boss yelled. "Two of the high school boys refused to let me out. They had your patches on their cuts." I told him. He leaned out of the office. "For what?" He asked. "They thought they had to absolutely know why I'm not dating Jacob. He got his answer this morning." I said grabbing my notepad and pen.

I stuffed them in my apron and went to take orders. Just as I took Mr. Tanner's order, Jacob and that whole crew came in. Jacob went back to his father's office. I took the order to the kitchen while the group took a seat. A few minutes later a group of men came in.

They had the boys follow them back. I continued with my rounds. Jacob found a seat at a booth. "The usual?" I asked. "Yes please." He answered. I wrote it down before taking it to the kitchen and getting his drink. I took it back setting it in front of him.

"Are you busy?" He asked. "Not until those hooligans come back up here." I said. "Then it's going to be a while." He said. "You want to talk don't you?" I asked. "Wouldn't hurt to ask." He said. "I don't mean to be harsh, but you being the prez's son, wouldn't that mean that your girl is the one that is usually taken and used against you?" I asked.

"If we had any enemies that wanted to get back at us or specifically me." He said. "I would rather be safe not being in that." I told him. "I can understand it. My mom had a terrible time with that." He said. "Hope I'm not crushing any chances with you." I said. "Your not. Club life may not be right for you." He said. "Or the higher ranking positions." I said. He scoffed.

I brought his food to him before making another round. It was nearly lunchtime when those guys came back and sat down in a booth. The older men found a booth too. I took their orders before going to fill their drinks. I then took their food orders.

Then took the other guys' orders. I set their drinks on the table and got their food order. As I was making my rounds one dumped his glass of soda out onto the floor. I caught Jacob's eye. He was making a motion to dump the pitcher over his head. I asked the guy if he would like a refill. "Yes please!" He said smirking.

I missed the cup aiming for him. Right into his lap. I then passed by him and went to the next table. His buddies erupted in laughter. "F***ing b***h!" I did not even turn around. "Clean it up." One of the older men said as I got to the table Jacob was at. "I meant his head." He said in a low tone. "I'm pretty sure there's urine mixed with that." I said.

"No doubt. He definitely looks like he pissed himself." He said.