Late For What?

In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feeling will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

- Pride And Prejudice

"Lisa you don't need to do this. I will be fine on the floor. I can feel how tense you are. Your shoulders are really stiff." Ian whispered from the other side of the bed to Lisa who laid on the other side. Both of them were separated by the wall of pillows set in between them by Lisa. 

"Ian, have you not observed how cold it is in the room itself? And then you want to sleep on the floor?" Lisa asked as she turned her body to the right facing him. He was already balanced on his elbow with his palm under his head looking at her. 

"But I don't think you are comfortable this way." He argued as he bent a little forward and placed his hand on one of the pillows being used as the barrier. 

"I am fine. It's just a really new feeling to have someone sleep beside me." She answered as she went a little forward as well as her hand just a little distance away from his. The tension was so thick in the air that both of them could easily feel it. 

"It's new for me as well." He monotonously answered still keeping his eyes locked with her as he reached forward to get hold of her hand tugging it in his own. His thumb rubbed circles against her skin letting the comfort and warmth reach to her. There was a new found emotion in both of their eyes. It was like they didn't even know how they reached there. Just staring in each other eyes, they fell asleep with the comfort and warmth surrounding them. 

___________________________________________________

The sun rays bathed on Lisa's face as she stirred from those falling on her face. The comfort was too much to describe as she lunged more to the pillow enjoying the very last minute of the warmth. She felt the pillow pull her even close to it. It was like an arm wrapped itself around her waist pulling her close. But when did her pillow had an arm? Realising what was happening she instantly opened her eyes to observe that the arm was Ian's which was tenderly wrapped around her waist still having enough strength to keep her at the place. 

The sun rays entering the room through the corners of the window fell down on his face. He looked like an angel so pure and innocent. His black hairs were falling down on his forehead covering one of his eyes, while his lips were parted a little bit. Her head was resting on his arm while their legs were tangled together. Gone was the wall of pillows, they both lay together and tangled with each other, laying together in the comfort. 

Lisa was unable to help herself when she moved her hand a little ahead to crease his strong jaw. It was subtle with some of his unshaved hair presents, providing a rough yet comforting skin. He stirred from the notion as she immediately withdrew her hand from his face, not wanted to be caught admiring him. When he didn't say anything and his breathing became normal, she moved her hand again, this time moving his hair aside which were falling on his face. He scrunched his eyebrows together probably feeling her touch. The little notion made her smile on how innocent he looked. 

The time was beautiful, as she just watched him with adoration, observing every detail that she can and savoring everything in her memory. She didn't know how long she laid there just watching him, but as soon as he moved in his sleep, she knew he was about to wake up. She instantly closed her eyes and tried to steady her breathing passing the note that she was sleep. She heard him yawn and move his hand little up and down from her waist. She wanted to bit her lips or at least wet her lips from the excitement from his hands but she knew this will reveal her whole stare moment. She felt his fingers move to her face, creasing her cheeks as she just did to him. She felt him tug a strand of hair behind her hair before she felt his hot breath near her ear. 

"I know you are awake, baby." He whispered letting out a mischievous chuckle. "Open your eyes, now," he said as he played with some of her hair falling on her neck. Her cheeks became red at the very moment, she was caught. She opened her eyes, meeting the pair of gorgeous blue eyes. He was looking at her with so many emotions evident in his eyes just difficult to point at one.

"Good morning, love," he greeted as he placed a light kiss on her forehead. 

"Morning," she whispered as she closed her eyes from the impact of the enlightenment of the kiss. 

"What is the time?" She asked almost in a hurry knowing that he was about to either tease her or ask her about the staring story. He released a low chuckle knowing what she was doing. He still let it slide, knowing how shy she was. He turned his back a little to let his hand search the phone resting on the lampstand. 

"It is 9:30 in the morning" he whispered as he settled the phone down the table again returning to the same position. 

"Shit! We are late." She exclaimed as she quickly stood up from the bed looking around for her dress that was resting on the table aside. 

"Late for what?" He asked as he settled himself on the bed crossing his legs untangling the sheets previously covering them. 

"You don't remember?" She asked as she continues to pace around the room searching for her lost bra. 

"What? Its Sunday today, what is the matter?" He asked again yawning before even completing the whole sentence. 

"Your father Ian. He is supposed to visit us today. We should be there by now. There are so many things to prepare. Jesus!" She answered now searching for her heels. "Argh! Where is the other one?!" She spoke in frustration. 

"My father but he- oh shit! We are late!" He said as he jumped out of the bed. After about ten to fifteen minutes both of them were ready to head back home. Lisa was still wearing Ian's shirt as he refused to take it back claiming that the dress will take a while to put back on. Lisa couldn't agree more. The shirt reached down her thighs as it was quite big for her. She was embarrassed by how clearly her legs were visible but the only option left was to put the dress back on which was conflicting for her to do. 

"Okay, let's go now," Ian said as he walked towards the backdoor before stopping on an instant. "Lisa take these keys and settle down in the car, I will lock this door."

"But I can stand and wait for the-"

"Don't argue Lisa. People will be out. I know it's still morning but still, I don't want anyone to see you like this. Sit in the car, I am coming." He stated sternly as he took the lock from her before gesturing her to move towards the car giving her the keys. The car was parked really close to the door, she looked around to see no one but she quickly settled herself in the car. Ian was back in a second putting a sheet of canvas on the back seat. 

"What is the sheet for?" Lisa asked confused about why he would need a sheet. 

"I need to see something. Don't worry I will explain later. First, let's get home." He answered as he started driving, not explaining any further.