Chapter 9

Enjoy!!

It felt like time slowed down around me. like there wasn't anyone else there. I started walking towards him, but before I knew it, I was running, tears running down my face as I got closer to him.

"Caesar!" I jumped on him, hugging him tightly, crying loudly. I felt one of his hand pat my head, the other on my back. I buried my head in his shoulder, being careful if his injury. When I felt hands around my waist, I clenched onto him, crying louder. "No!"

The hands instantly let me go, making me calm down and look around. Cornelia and blue eyes were standing next to Caesar, while Malcom, Ellie, Layla and Alex were standing around us. Caesar patted my head, making me turn my head towards him. "Go...to...Cornelia..." he signed. I nodded, carefully getting off of him and walking to Cornelia, hugging her tightly. She hugged me back, patting my back.

Ellie and Layla kneeled down beside him, wrapping white bandages around his wound. "There...just make sure you don't do any heavy lifting until it's completely healed" Ellie said, finishing. Caesar nodded, moving his shoulder slightly. Malcom and his family stood up, walking to the gates to leave.

I watched them for a few seconds before letting go of Cornelia, rushing to catch up to them. "Hey wait" they stopped walking, turning towards me. I stopped in front of them. "T-thanks you for helping him...you just saved this whole colony from grieving and you help blue eyes from becoming king to soon...so I wanted to thank all of you for your help..." I said, looking at them smiling.

They all smiled back, "your welcome Anna, if you ever need anything, you know where to find us" Malcom said, smiling. I waved as they left, before going back to my family. I sat next to blue eyes, who was next to Cornelia, who was taking care of Caesar.

Caesar looked at me and smiled slightly, 'Anna...will you sing for us...?' He asked. "I-I'm not that good..." blue eye huffed, making me look at him. 'I don't believe that...for someone so young, you have a amazing voice' he signed, smiling. "O-ok..I'll sing I guess.." I got up and went to the home tree, going to the room I was put in to get my music player before quickly going back. ''Ok...are we ready...?'' I asked, looking at them. they nodded, making me play the music.

When we were young we were the ones
The kings and queens oh yeah, we ruled the world
We smoked cigarettes man no regrets
Wish I could relive every single word

We've taken different paths
And travelled different roads

I know we'll always end up on the same one when we're old
And when you're in the trenches
And you're under fire I will cover you

If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me
And if you were drowned at sea
I'd give you my lungs so you could breatheI've got you brother-er-er-er
I've got you brother-er-er-er
I've got you brother-er-er-erOh brother, we'll go deeper than the ink
Beneath the skin of our tattoos

Though we don't share the same blood
You're my brother and I love you that's the truthWe're living different lives
Heaven only knows
If we'll make it back With all our fingers and our toes

5 years, 20 years, come back
It will always be the same If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me
And if you were drowned at sea

I would give you my lungs so you could breatheI've got you brother-er-er-er
I've got you brother-er-er-erAnd if we hit on troubled water
I'll be the one to keep you warm and safe
And we'll be carrying each other

Until we say goodbye on our dying dayBecause I've got you brother-er-er-er
I've got you brother-er-er-er
I've got you brother-er-er-erIf I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me

And if you were drowned at sea
I would give you my lungs so you could breatheOh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
I've got you brother-er-er-er

I opened my eyes, seeing every ape looking at me, making me blush brightly as I look down. A hand was placed over my hands in my lap, making me look up at the person. ''Caesar...'' 'that was a beautiful song anna...where did you learn that?' he signed, smiling softly. '' In school...I didn't have many people to hang out with...so every time lunch starts I went to the music room to get lessons...and sometimes after school if papa wasn't so busy'' I explained, looking at him. he nodded, telling me to continue. '' one day while everyone was at lunch...the teacher asked me what was the most exciting day of my life...'' I smiled, looking at him ''I said the most exciting day of my life was meeting my brother for the first time''

he smiled, along with everyone else. '' so the next day...she wrote this song for me to sing to you when I got home...unfortunately this was about a year ago when I turned six years old...and you wasn't with us...'' I said. he looked at me sad, holding my hand tighter. '' I'm.. sorry I wasn't there...'' he apologized. '' its fine big brother! don't worry about it I'm glad you liked the song..'' I said, holding in a yawn but they all noticed that I was sleepy. ''time for all little ones to get some sleep...busy day tomorrow'' Cornelia signed, holding milo in her arms. I yawned, wiping my eyes. 'but I'm not tired...'' I signed, looking at her. blue eyes picked me up, making me put my head on his chest, making them chuckle softly. 'tomorrow we will start rebuilding but now must rest' blue eyes signed to me, making me nod my head yawning more.

Cornelia handed milo to blue eyes, helping her husband up from the floor, being mindful of his shoulder. They started to the home tree, waving to the apes who gave a goodnight hoot. by then, I was going in and out of sleep. one minute I was in blue eyes arms, the next I was being tucked in with Cornelia and Caesar on the left of the bed and milo and blue eyes on the right. Cornelia kissed my forehead. 'good night anna, sweet dreams' she signed, smiling softly. 'night mommy...' I signed, falling asleep. I didn't know that everyone smiled when I did that, kissing my forehead again before going to their own bedrooms, falling into a deep sleep after a very eventful day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's chapter nine! omg I just realized that this story has over 1k views! thank you guys soooo much for reading my stories. I'm glad you are liking this story and I hope you like this chapter.

as a reward for getting over 1k views, I will be taking request for chapter ten. what should happen next? you can tell me though the comments or feel free to message me and I will answer asap! thanks again for reading and I hope you liked this chapter! see you soon!