Chapter 3

PLORVIS TERRITORY

PLORVIS TERRITORY

Night has fallen by the time I wake. The sky is a dark jewel blue. My mind in a scattered mess of questions and thoughts.

Am I dead?

Something smells delightful.

I'm going to die.

where am I ?

I remembered. I had been captured in another territory by high ranked wolves after already escaping my death. I was placed on something so soft I thought I may fall through at any given moment. My eyes remained shut.

"Hm, what do we have here?"

"Found her at the edge of the Sius Clan."

"Very Good. What an interesting scent," I could feel the presence hover over me.

"She's a pretty little thing, isn't she?" I recognized the voice of one of my captors in the forest and my stomach turned sour.

"Indeed, You may leave her." He spoke with authority, the kind that was suggestive but left no room for any actual option.

"Yes Alpha."

"You must be hungry," He says whenever the doors sound closed.

"I know you're awake."

I slowly open my eyes. In shock I am revealed a in a room of books. Large books and small books, with nice chairs and fancy lights. All my life I've only ever seen one book and it barely had pages. Each corner of this room must have an unimaginable amount of stories. I realize I'm on a chair with beautiful material i'll most likely never feel again.

The man that spoke sat at a large shiny desk. He was dressed in all black, even his hair was dark as night. His fingers shined with jewels and whenever he moved gold clinged in response. His eyes seemed kind, and I was in fact hungry but I could not trust it. How can I feel safe with the threat of death so near?

The man sat back in his chair and smiled. "Hey, sorry about the," He gestured to his head, most likely in reference to his crew's method of capture. I've surely had worst and feel fine but I did appreciate the apology. "My guys wanted to make sure you weren't a marked."

Marked. Other known as hidden wolves who mark out areas of different territories to help aid in invasions. I've never seen any, only heard stories in the chow hall after preparing meals. Marked are the reason rogues are not spared. Usually, there's no question as to whether you're a runaway or a marked- you die, because according to Falcon it's the best measure of safety. Rogues aren't to be trusted. If you can leave your pack- your family, you aren't worthy of anything.

"I'm no marked," I say horrified." I'd actually like to get out of your hair."

He gave me an impish grin. "And go where?"

I have no reason to lie. "Mountains... to the humans."

He just stared into my face, his brown eyes on fire. Then, abruptly he roared with laughter. I stood there and watched his outburst. He slammed down on his desk and his glowing lamp shook along with him. "You're funny."

He took his chin in his hand and scanned me over. My skin crawled in the worst way. I wanted to clean the look he gave me from my body.

"What is your name?' Suddenly he was all business.

"You have my word I will not harm you," he stood from his chair and slowly walked towards me,

"I can help you."

"I don't need help." I finally spoke, my voice shakier than I'd hoped.

"It's a long journey to the mountain. You'll never make it alone, especially with an empty belly." He walked towards the door, his back turned to me. Most wolves are taught to never do such a thing. The reality was that he saw me as no threat. I'm no marked. He has no reason to kill me.

"Follow me."

And without knowing, the life as I knew it changed forever.

-------------------------------
Here's another old ass authors note:
It seems as though no one is reading my story and tbh....that sucks.

But, I'm still going to keep writing. (8 yrs ago)

Girl stfu...
comment,follow,vote c;