27: September 21st ( Part 2 )

Cave Hill Cemetery.

Andy, James, Ryder and William wanted to stay in the car, to give us some family time. Blake wanted to go with us, saying how he want to introduce himself to Mom. We stepped into the soft grass, leading ourselves to Mom's tombstone. A familiar tombstone with removable blue sapphires stuck at the top of it. I think you can guess where I can get my favorite color from already.

A few more steps and we've reached.

Jamie Sydney Walker

Caring wife. Amazing daughter. Loving mother.

1985-2011

" Don't let the silly things steal your happiness. "

Both Dad and Asher's face expressions are now grim and emotionless. I smile faintly as I squat down and place the bouquet of flowers in front of her tomb stone. I stood up again, grabbing Blake's hand and squeezed. I didn't look at him but I know that he is worried. He squeezed back and I let out a sigh, closing my eyes.

" I will give you sometime to your mother. " Dad pat my shoulder and left. Asher give me a soft nod with a sad smile playing on his lips before following him.

I feel my eyes sting, the burning sensation of the building up of the salty tears. I let go of Blake's hand and kneel down in front of Mom. Taking a deep breathe and I let out.

" Hey mom... " I croaked out. Blake kneel along beside me, staying silent and listening attentively to what I want to say.

" This is the 8th year we managed to live without you, Mom. And again, I will not be able to see you again ever on my birthdays today or in the future. " I started. I wipe my tear and sniffled.

" But I managed to survive. So did Dad and A. " I paused and swallowed the lump in my throat.

I look at Blake to see him watching me intensely. " And I have someone I want you to meet, Mom. "

Blake takes this as a cue to introduce himself to her as he cleared his throat. "Hello, Mrs William. I'm Blake Riley. Your daughter's boyfriend. I will take care, support, protect and love her for as long as she wishes. Even though sometimes she's really damn stubborn. " I let out a soft chuckle. "Even though she's now trying to survive the cancer, she's going on strong. She's the most toughest and beautiful woman I've ever met. " He takes this chance to look at me lovingly.

" She's funny, witty, sarcastic, caring and many more. And I'm pretty sure she got all that from you, mostly. I'm not the best at introducing myself to the parents, but I hope this would work." I raised my eyebrows, his speech perking my curiosity.

" I would like to take your daughter as my lover one day. As my wife. " I gasp.

" And I hope you would send me your blessing and approval to take this step further into our relationship from above. I am so happy that your daughter is now with me, thanks to you." He stood up and let out his hand. I look up at him and wrap my hand around mine, picking me up.

" Jade Emily Williams. " I raised my hand, cutting him off.

" Who the hell told you my middle name?! " I asked him with embarrassment. He looked at me with amusement and cupped my cheeks.

" Let's just say a little birdie told me. " Who the hell is the little bird? I've only told Layla, but she swore she won't tell. Asher's out of the picture too, because his middle name is outrageous to him, so I can double blackmail him. I also told An-