Prologue | The Full Moon

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Prologue | The Full Moon

Seven Years Ago

"The moon was elegantly full that night."

"She shinned softly, illuminating the earth below and with the gentle caress of the wind, and the peaceful rustling of the leaves.

One would not think that underneath the peaceful exterior slumbers the wicked ways of mankind or in this case, were-kind."

※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎—※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎

Shouts could be heard from all over the place, the moon was slightly covered by clouds, hindering any other source of light to penetrate through the deep, dark forest. There were no other visible signs of animal life and it was as if dead as the silent night.

Multiple sounds of paws hitting the hard forest floor could be heard from a distance, she had a head start but they would soon catch up to her if she would not speed up.

She ran with all the remaining strength that she has, constantly looking back to see if they're still following her when she accidentally tripped on a tree root and fell down the forest ground.

Pain, hurt, betrayal, and rejection - this could all be felt from her.

"Please, mother..." She called out.

"Please, Moon Goddess take the pain away, just take me. I cannot bear to live a life full of suffering, have I not suffered enough?" she whispered softly as silent tears fell down her cheeks and she could feel her wolf howling from sadness.

Her dress was torn, and dirtied by the earth in which she now crawls in, her lips were dried and chapped, she was thin and bruises marred her beautiful skin, her black hair was muddied and filled with dirt and oil and her indigo eyes were now dark and lifeless.

She was mistreated and abused by everyone and she could take no more, she finally had enough.

She was wrong to think that they might change, that he might change.

She knew that she was dying, the last of her hopes were shattered when the only person destined to love her against all odds rejected her.

"Please," she said in a broken whisper. "Take me away from this world, away from them, away from him..." she cried and cried.

When she suddenly saw a light up in the distance, with all the strength she could muster up; she started to stand up. Her legs were starting to shake and when she took a step forward, she fell down on the cold hard ground once more.

She grasped the soil beneath her palms and pushed herself upwards, she must continue to move forward. She tried but stumbled back down injuring her left wrist from a sharp rock.

She howled in pain but she tried once again and managed to walk. She looked back again and could faintly hear the multiple sounds of paws hitting the ground.

'Did they stop following me?' She thought to herself. Her heart broke at that thought but she turned away and decided to move forward.

She ended up in the middle of the road and there she looked up and saw the moon now clear from view.

She raised her bruised and wounded hands as if to try and grasp it, she ignored the pain and continued to stretched her hands up.

The moon is so full and so bright tonight, if only she could reach it.