fourteen

sorry it's been so long :/ I had exams this week and the rest of the month I was sister swamped with homework (and not the nice kind of swamp that shrek would like :/)

***

I woke up with the sun in my eyes. I squint them and turn away. Stephen wasn't there and I assumed he was working. I laid there in bed for a few moments, not really wanting to get up. There was no point to it. I would just be doing the same as all the other days I've been here: nothing, absolutely nothing.

I'd try to escape and then I'd fail. Then I'd cook for him and he would treat me as a doll. The whole week that I have been here, with the exception of the first three days, I have been bored. That thought is unusual to me though.

Normally when people get kidnapped aren't they always panicky and nervous? I will sometimes I am, but as of right now, I'm not.

I'm just bored. He keeps me locked in here all day and I can't do anything except watch TV. It could be a lot worse though.

Stephen seems to be getting very distant lately, which might also be a reason as to why I'm so bored. He hasn't been around that much, so I'm not always on edge all the time. I guess I kind of missed him though. He's the only human contact that I've had.

I get out of bed and run my hands through my hair. Just as I am about the walk into the bathroom, Stephen walks in.

"Can you make me a sandwich?" he asked.

I open my mouth my don't say anything. My mind immediately runs to that one vine: 'Sorry, I fell asleep while I was waiting on you to make me a sandwich.'

"Go back to sleep and starve,"

"What was that?" Stephen asked walking closer to me.

My eyes widen and I purse my lips. This is it. This is where I die.

"I said no," I look up at him and swallow the lump in my throat.

He cocks an eyebrow and stalks towards me dangerously.

"I-I, uh," I start to panic, "Not until you say the magic word,"

"Now,"

Geez, what I am? Five? 'Not until you say the magic word,' I mock myself in my head. Wait, what did he just say?

The audacity.

"I'm hungry," Stephen says finally, "and I have work to do,"

I clench my fist and resist the urge to slap him. I slowly make my way down to the kitchen and get all the ingredients out for a turkey sandwich. Do you ever get so frustrated, you want to cry? because that's how I feel right now.

When lunch is finished I go to his office, I am about to open the door, but stop when I hear voices. That's weird. I never heard someone come in.

"We need you there Stephen." I hear a someone say. It's a man, I know that much.

"I can't leave Bella alone. She would be at risk." Stephen says.

"Then take her with you," the man pleads, "but Stephen you know Kyle can't do this on his own."

Stephen sighs.

"I'll think about it Devin," he finally says.

"Thank you. But remember, Thursday at 9 PM." Devin says and then heads towards the door.

Hearing his footsteps come towards the door, makes me panic and I rush back to the stairs, where I pretend to just be coming up. I started walking up the stairs again, sandwich in hand, and soon enough the man, whom I presume to be Devin, walks by me.

He is very attractive: blonde hair and a strong jawline. Holy moly.

When he passes by me he looks me up and down then holds out his hand

"I'm Devin, Stephen's right-hand man and you must be Bella," he smiles.

I smile back and shake his hand.

"It's nice to meet you," I say quietly. He chuckles.

He smiles brightly, his dimples showing, "It's nice to meet you too Bella,"

He walks passes me and then I hear the front door shut.