Chapter V

PLEASE DONT BE A GHOST READER. VOTE AND COMMENT, IT PROMPTS ME TO WRITE FASTER <3

I didn't know where I was going. I couldn't go home. I couldn't call Alex, because what would I say? 'Your brother just confessed his love to me and I didn't have the guts to tell him I felt the same way?

No way in hell

Goddammit, Nate...

I jumped out of the elevator as if the devil was following me and dashed towards the entrance.

"Scarlett!"

Nate

I kept walking quickly until I was in the street.

"Wait, hold on!" he called behind me, but I just needed to get away. The past events, the emotions, the feelings that were surfacing were extremely scary, and all I ever knew was to just run away.

I turned to keep walking down the street, hoping I didn't call too much attention, when Nate wrapped his hand around my arm. I hissed and tried to pull my arm away, flinching in the process.

Nate frowned but took his hands off me, mumbling an apology

"I have to go" I said while adjusting my small purse on my arm.

"Scarlett, please forgive me. I shouldn't have done that, it was completely disrespectful on my part" he said, his eyes on mine. Those vibrant eyes; I had forgotten how beautiful his green eyes were, a deep emerald color that stood out from everybody.

I shook my head no, not wanting to talk about this in front of people that could potentially destroy me. There were eyes everywhere, paparazzies everywhere, and I needed to be careful.

"It's fine. Let's just-"

"Let's have lunch" he cut me off and I looked up at him again.

"I'm sorry, I cant-"

"Why not? C'mon Scarlett, we have to catch up" he said and I sighed.

"You just kissed me. This is not going to be a catching up lunch" I whispered. Nate bore his eyes into mine, begging me.

This was a bad, bad idea, but I seemed to be the only one that could recognize that.

"Please" he said at last and I looked away.

"If Andrew-"

"What about Andrew? Is he the one that did this to you?" he asked, motioning to the bruise on my arm. I swallowed but shook my head quickly, denying any possible idea Andrew had hurt me. I couldn't believe it myself, so if I confirmed Nate suspicions I didn't know what he'd do to Andrew.

"No. And stop changing the topic" I scolded him, and he narrowed his eyes at me, his stance turning cold.

"Come with me" he murmured against my ear and walked away. I frowned and looked around, hoping nobody had caught our little exchange.

Then I followed him.

A black car had been brought to the front of the building, and I gave a glare to the back of Nate's head.

Cause this didn't look suspicious at all eh?

"Goddammit" I was murmuring as I hopped inside the black vehicle after Nate. The second the door closed behind me, the car started moving. Nate's vibrant eyes met mine for a minute before he started messing with some buttons and the window that divided us from the driver moved, and soon we were locked in the back completely.