chapter three

"No! Stop!" I screamed, dodging through the crowds of watching people, "What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"Madam, please resign. We do not want to use force,"

"Well, bloody great! Because I am perfectly fine with using it," I hissed, almost chomping his finger off.

He gasped, taking his hand back, "Do not make this more difficult—"

"Get away from my shop, you urchins!" I shrieked, wrapping the industrial chain around my wrists and connecting it with the doors.

"No, Madam! Do not do it—" The man shouted as I did it.

I latched a lock between the chains and my arm and placed the only key in between my breasts and corset, "All I have to say now is good luck!"

"The chit has gone mental! First this goddamn shop, then this? She belongs in the dungeons of the institution,"

My eyes had rolled, "Oh shut up!" I hollered at one of the many men in front of the crowd I had procured, "I have every right to be here on this land! It is an heirloom—"

"And you are an indecent lady! You shall be shunned from this town!" A man from the crowd yelled.

"You should have just been shunned from this town on principle for finding the entire population of pubs and drinking it!"

Right when I just had one on the rocks of red and anguish, another came, "Women owning land? Blimey, what is next? Gays getting married? Over my dead body."

"That can be arranged," My eyes narrowed and I pinpointed the righteous man who had the mind of a pillock and too many cretinous words to say, "Do you see right there, sir?" I stuck a finger out at him, "Those insolent words are exactly the reason why you are on your fourth divorce!" My eyes looked up and scanned the entire crowd of onlookers who either cursed, glared or just bloody watched. "In fact, you all are uninformed, ignorant adults! The world is reforming and changing and you are still here! Get with the times!"

"Madam, if you do not lower your voice and release yourself from the restraints we will be forced to have you apprehended," The officer held a scroll in hand and a reign of his horse's saddle on the other.

"Like I said before, good bloody luck!"

The officer snarled and jumped off his saddle, "The town has spoken and you have chosen to refuse," and he then began to read off the official warrant for my arrest.

"Do not read that damn scroll!"

"Madam," he glared at me stomping towards me. "Refrain from using such language towards me or I will be compelled to take you forcibly."

"With all do respect, officer, I would like to see you try."

His growl was a sign that I had finally thrown him off his sane entities as he more briskly advanced towards me.

"I may be down one hand, sir, but I can guarantee you will not have any, if you take one step closer."

His eyes sharpened, "Is that a threat?"

I matched his own gaze with mine, "Yes, it is. A damn good one, too."

He glowered straight into my eyes as glared at his, we both stood there standing off until someone finally spoke up.