Breaking

"Riv, shuuuush." I groan as I try to smother Ariven with a pillow. It's been three days since I was in happily reunited with my old pack. No thanks to Ariven.

"Come one Gem. You've been distant from me fore three days. I'm sorry but you needed this." I growl as I give up and crawl back under the blanket. I was exhausted from training the wolves here on how to fight as well as putting wards up to warn us when the soulless would be back.

"Look, I'm still mad at you. It's six in the morning and I want sleep. Go find some one else to preach to right now." I flicked my wrist in his direction, sending a blast of air and pushing him out of the bed. As much as I loved Ariven I still needed some space after this.

We had talked the first night here, more like me exploding on him as I questioned his loyalty. It was still so painful being so close to Mika and he knew this. He knew that even now I still loved the mate that rejected me to some degree. But I wouldn't take him back.

"Fine but if you're not up by ten thirty you'll regret it missy." He playfully warns and I growl. I hear his footsteps fade towards the door and sigh when he leaves. Finally I could get some more sleep.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

The harshness of ice cold water jolts my body into waking up as I gasp, bolting out of bed and shivering in a corner. Two figures stand by my now soaking wet bed and I glare at them. The twins.

"Hey Matt guess Riv was right about this cold water stuff."

"I guess so Cratt." I was going to murder those two for ruining my sleep.

"One." I growl out. The twins freeze and turn to look at me as I raise my body temperature, letting the cold water evaporate as I stood before them dry

"Two." That was their cue to bolt as they ran screaming bloody murder.

"Three." I took off after them, looks from some of my pack members that came to help following behind as we moved to the outside feild.

"Who said it was okay to pour ice freaken cold water on me?" I roar out as I grab their ears and pull them close to me.

"I did. You were supposed to wake up at a certain time." Ariven's voice says and I release the two men before turning to my beta.

I heard the twin skittering away to a safe distance as Ariven slowly strolls towards me. I was pissed off with my beta.

"First you accept a request from the pack that abused me my whole life then you ruin my sleep after I've been dealing with said pack. Do you even care at all?" I ask, my anger slowly turning to sadness. I felt betrayed by him and all I wanted was to cry.

"Gemi shush it's okay." His soft voice whispers as I find myself wrapped in his arms. I cling to Ariven as my hands fist his shirt and I take deep breaths, inhaling his scent.

"I'm sorry. But he is your weakness still. I've watched you for three years, held you through all the pain and protected you through your heat. The mate bond needs to be completely severed for you to grow into the Alpha and Goddess I know you can be." I sniffle as I burry my face into his chest. He was right. My heart still wanted the mate bond but he threw it away. Even Alex wasn't there for me like he had promised. Ariven was the one who was there.

"I'm sorry Riv." I whisper.

"Its not your fault so don't apologize." He cooes at me, pulling away to smile down, kissing my forehead.

That's when a growl erupts from behind me and I stiffen.

"Get away from my mate!" Mika's voice booms and I feel my body being pushed away from Ariven as Mika tackles my beta to the ground.

The scent of blood filled the air as I watch a chunk of Ariven's skin get clawed apart. Something inside me snaps, power radiating off of my form in waves.

I used that energy and forced Mika down, drawing the air from his lungs.

"For the last time. I am no longer your mate." I growl out, watching Ariven stand, his skin now healed.

"Geminie you'll kill him if you don't stop." He says and I close my eyes, releasing Mika. When I opened them up again to look at my once mate I felt nothing. No pain, now flutter. He was no one.

"No! No no no no. This can't be." I could hear the anguish in Mika's voice as he looks at me.

"The bond broke. I had time I was going to make you mine. You should have been mine." He growls out and I straightened.

"I belong to no one." I state. Then caos broke loose.