Chapter Sixteen

This is just as short note before the chapter.

I wanted to thank everyone for understanding why I didn't want to write and update anything. I also appreciated all of the prayers​ and condolences sent to my family.

________________________________
*Preston/Hacker*

  "Hacker," Angelica said walking over to me and looking through the one way mirror that showed the room Opal was in. "You get anything from her?"

  "No," I said glaring at the window. "What kind of parent doesn't want to save their child?"

  "The worst kind," Brooks said walking into the room. "And sadly Teddy lived with that abusive woman for years and wouldn't let anyone help her."

  "Teddy has been through more hard times than anyone should ever have too," Angelica sighed. "When I told her to come live with me I didn't think all this would happen."

  "Angelica, this isn't you're fault." Brooks said, "But there is one thing I do know an that is that you can get Opal to talk. Hacker come with me."

  "Don't worry Hacker," Angelica smiled. "I can get Opal to talk more than any of you can."

  "Fine," I grumbled following Brooks to Bullets office.

  "Hacker sit down," Bullet said and I dropped into one of the chairs scowling. "Brooks what did you want to show all of us."

  "Tony isn't just a drug dealer," Brooks said handing us all a file. "He works for law enforcement and he used to be my boss until I started digging into Teddy's father's death."

  "Why?" Colt asked. "The report we dug up said it was a raid gone bad."

  "I know what the report said," Brooks sighed. "Theodore was not only my partner but my best friend and the way he died didn't sit right with me. He would work every angle, every piece of evidence on every case we worked on but that raid was off the books and someone tipped them off so we ended up in a goddamn ambush. Before Theodore was killed we had found evidence that their was a mole in the company and we went to Tony and he gave us the go ahead to find the mole, three months later we got ambushed on that raid. I found out that the mole was Tony himself, he was trying to convert Theodore to his side by threatening Teddy in the end Theodore refused and was killed. My guess would be he knows how good Teddy is with a computer and he's forcing her to do is dirty work on freeing his men from prison cause in the last five days fifteen of his guys have gotten an early release or probation."

  "Why hasn't this guy been caught?" Cowboy asked and I kept my eyes on the file seeing something that caught my eye. "And why would she do that, what is he holding over her head?"

  "My guess would be Angelica. Teddy knows we can hold our own but before Teddy moved here Angelica was her only family and Teddy would die for Angelica." I flipped to the money balance page back to the properties rented or owned and I growled standing up.

  "Hacker what did you find?" Bullet asked and I threw the file on the desk showing them the two pages.

  "He's at the old compound," I said. "That's the only place big enough to hold and hide so many people and the last place we would look."

  "Colt Cowboy," Bullet said after a minute get everyone ready to ride we're getting our little teddy bear back. Hacker get me areal maps now, Brooks check on Angelica and the druggie, I'm calling Church now."

  "Yes boss," everyone nodded and left to do their jobs.

  "I'm coming baby," I whispered quickly grabbed my tablet and bringing the maps up before heading to the meeting room.