16: Meatballs

Chapter 16: Meatballs

Breathing hard I entered my house my heart beating erratically against my chest, after fumbling clumsily with the keys couple of times I was able to lock the door behind me.

How can he be here?

I thought he's is Arizona..

That night he was sent off to..

No. I ran upstairs to find Leo standing there. His eyes were full of concern,"Shit Emma what happened?"

"I...", I ran towards him wrapping my arms around him. He held me tight, his arms snaking around my waist comforting me. I cried into his shoulder, "He is coming to get me".

Puzzled he asked, "Who's coming to get you?"

"He.. is", I was breathing hard, unable to talk.

"Ssshhh", he patted my back comforting me. "I am here. No one will harm you", he said reassuringly.

I cried even harder, his shoulder muffling the sound of my cries. 

He let go of me, taking a good look at me,"You will be able to walk yourself to your room?"

I nodded, getting to my room while Leo followed me closely behind.

"Sit", I complied, he got down on his knees and started opening my shoes. I would have told him not to but I was too lost in my own thoughts to process anything going on. 

My feet were bare now, but he didn't get up, instead he took my knees and positioned it on my bed, I lied down. 

"God it looks like you are running a fever. Your temperature is too high", he pressed his palm against my forehead, the familiar electricity skating down my skin, I don't know when I will stop feeling this every time he touches me.

"Take some rest Emma I will be right back", Leo closed the door behind him.

I don't know how but I ended up taking a small nap, but that thought was still lingering at the back of my mind. I woke up to the smell of pumpkin soup, which was my absolute favorite.

Leo was sitting in front of me with a bowl of steaming bowl of soup,"Here have this, this will make you feel better", I nodded.

He lifted up the spoon to my lips feeding me, it was scrumptious. He reminded me of my mother whenever she used to cook chicken stew for me when I was sick. I miss my mother, it has been months I have seen her. A lone tear trickled down my cheeks, he wiped it off. "Emma don't cry. I will be there for you. I promise", he said smiling. But somehow the smile didn't reach his eyes. Now that I noticed he didn't look quite okay. He wasn't in his usual mischievous mood. 

"Where were you the whole day?" I asked.

"Eh nowhere in particular, I just had some work".

I wanted to ask him more but somehow I got the feeling that he didn't want to be asked further about his whereabouts, so I didn't prod him either. "So will you tell me who is after you now?"

I didn't know how to answer that question. No one knew what happened three years ago, at least not the truth. I didn't want to drag my past now. "No one. Just a creepy guy following me".

"What did he do?" He asked looking tensed his fists clenched to his sides.

"Nothing he was just following me".

"Next time something like that happens you let me know immediately, it will be easier to kick his ass".

I laughed, "Yes I will".