Chapter 4 - The Bad And Not So Good News

Dedicated to @mahgadahling and @bakedcookies5

'Mr. Kontantine Rouvas, Limelights Corporations recent Head of Directors. Businessman extraordinaire, highly recommended in the adultery section.....'

Vanity's eyes was glued to her computer screen. She sighed deeply before running her finger over the delete key, erasing everything that she had just written.

She had been sitting in her office for what felt like hours, trying to piece together her article on Kontantine but no matter how hard she tried, nothing felt right. She could feel frustration taking over, this had never happened to her before. Why wasn't this piece coming together?

This was her fifth draft and she still could not get passed a paragraph without venting out in a line or two about how he was a shameless womanising jerk.

The red tip of her fingernails began to strum along the black keyboard in front of her.

Hopeless, she scoffed to herself. She had just wasted a day's worth of work doing absolutely nothing to improve her article apart from overseeing next week's issue of 'Women's lifestyle' .

Vanity sighed now, looking out the window from her office, wondering what it would have been like if somebody else had been in that interview instead of Kontantine. Less stress, more sleep and definitely more productivity. But knowing Kontantine, if he had wanted to see her, she wouldn't have been able to escape him.

Her eyes travelled around the white spacious room, over to the vase of purple hydrangeas on her desk and back to her first Glams magazine column which was framed and hung proudly on her wall. She never wanted to forget how it felt like the first time she had been published.

Oh, why did he have to come back into her life?

The week had passed in a daze of anxiety, she had half expected Kontantine to turn up at Glams after she had turned his invitation to lunch. Rejection was not something he was fond of.

Her ears had prickled for the sound of his heels clicking on the marble floor, announcing his arrival. Her nerves was in shreds, the anxiety was killing her.

Relief rushed over her the fourth day, when he still showed no signs of turning up. If Kontantine wanted to get in touch with her, he would have done so by now. He did not waste time when he wanted something, so maybe he had finally decided to leave her be.

She had dreaded their meeting for a long time and now that it had finally happened, she couldn't help but feel threatened. The wonderful life that she had made for herself could be ripped from under her feet at any minute.

Vanity leaned back against her chair, her head rested against the leather material with her eyes focused on the ceiling.

The door to her office opened and in wandered Rea Gibsley dressed in a red loosely-belted silk dress with her red hair cascading down her shoulders and her green eyes darting out to Vanity.

Rea Gibsley was the Creative editor at Glams magazine. A cynical, glamorous twenty nine year old who had worked for another publishing house after leaving school before joining the Glams family. Her primary interest, according to her were money and men - and not necessarily in that order.