Chapter Six

*Cade*

"Doc," I said running up behind him. "We need to talk."

"What do you need Cowboy," he sighed. "I have a few house calls to make and I need to check in on Lily."

"Bullet wants to see you after work," I said. "He has a few questions for you."

"I'll be there," he said climbing in his car. Signing I climbed back on my bike and headed to the next town over to met up with Macy.
---

"Hey mom," I said hugging her from behind. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired," she said. "I'm happy your here though cause I need your help with a few things."

"That's why I'm here," I chuckled. "I brought you some food so you eat and just tell me what you want done."

"Thanks," Macy said giving me a grateful smile. "That table needs to be set up over there by the fenced in animals."

Hours later I stepped back scanning the yard. Macy walked up to the house and spoke to the woman.

"Cade," Macy said. "When to you have to be back?"

"I've got two hours before I need to leave," I shrugged putting her bags in the trunk of her car. "Why?"

"I was going to get some food before heading home," she smiled. "I figured if you had time I'd feed you."

"Why not," I shrugged. "I'll meet you at the diner."

"Okay," she smiled I watched her head down the road before getting on my bike and following after her.

"Have you thought about moving on?" Macy asked after we ordered and I choked on my drink.

"Where did that come from?" I asked staring at her wide eyed and confused.

"I was just wondering," she shrugged. "Millie wouldn't want you to be lonely, she'd want you to move on."

"No," I sighed. "I haven't thought about moving on. I loved Millie and thought that we'd be together for a long time and then she died and I just can't get over losing her."

"She'd want you to be happy," Macy said grabbing my hands. "Besides, I want to meet the girl that steals your heart again."

"Okay," I chuckled squeezing her hands smiling softly.
---

"Cowboy," Bullet yelled running up to me. "I need to talk to you about something."

"What do you need Prez?" I asked looking at him.

"He hit again," Bullet said.

"Son of a bitch," I cursed.

"Except this time he left a message," Bullet said handing me a folder. "After the boys get back tomorrow I'm telling everyone to be on the lookout because it looks like he's headed this way."

"Alright," I nodded jogging to my Jeep and headed home. Walking up the steps I froze when I saw a package leaning against my door, scanning the card I sighed picking it up and carrying it inside.

Laying the folder down I fixed me a cup of coffee before picking the card back up and reading it, chuckling I torn the paper off I stared impressed at the painting of a bike

Laying the folder down I fixed me a cup of coffee before picking the card back up and reading it, chuckling I torn the paper off I stared impressed at the painting of a bike. Grabbing my keys I headed to the hospital to find Doc.

"Doc," I said knocking on his office door. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure," he said signing a few papers before closing the file. "What's wrong?"

"Lily," I said sitting in the chair in front of his desk. "Who is she to you? Prez never told anyone."

"She's my niece," he sighed opening his desk and handing me a picture frame. "I been taking care of her since she was ten, after her parents died. I moved back here in town when she left for college."

"Why did she scream when Rake stepped towards her the other day at my house?"

"She's not a fan of bikers," he said, "She doesn't exactly know I'm part of an MC. There is a story behind why she's scared but I'm not telling you it. If you want to know get her to tell you."