Dangling

"Sugar lips?"

I heard the faint voice over and over in my head.

Sugar lips, sugar lips, sugar lips, sugar l-

"SUGAR LIPS!"

My eyes bolted open and panicked. I rolled off the bed and hit the floor with a thud.

I stood up and rubbed my arm, which really hurt. I saw Blake in a blue Salt Life shirt and jeans.

"Yes?" I questioned with a bit of attitude.

"I've been calling your name for 10 minutes now! Why didn't you wake up?"

I sighed. "First off, my name is not 'sugar lips', it's Cathy. Secondly, let Me SLEEP!"

"Well, it's not my fault that you go to bed late!"

I rolled my eyes. "Please, we went to bed at the same time."

"Yeah, and you were all snuggled up next to me."

"So?"

He laughed. "So? You love me."

"How did we get onto this subject? And no, I don't love you."

"That's why you kiss me back?" He questioned.

My mouth fell open. "Excuse me but last time I checked, you were going to kill me if I didn't follow your orders!"

Blake just stood there. "So, all that kissing back, was fake?"

"Don't get all 'sad' you liar! I know your filthy game! You kidnapped me! And you don't love me!"

He just stood there. I could see the anger in his eyes. He balled up his fists and took a deep breath in. When he exhaled, he relaxed.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

He came up to me, pulled me in for a hug, and squeezed. When he let go I was fixing to say something when I saw a large fist bolt towards my face. When it made contact with my cheek, I fell to the ground. I could hear ringing in my left ear. Tears started to poor down my face like a waterfall.

I moved my jaw back and forth the make sure it wasn't broken. I looked up at him to see him crying. Tears were rolling down his face as well. He still had anger in his eyes though.

I carefully got up. I saw Blake lift up his fist for another punch, until there was a loud bang on the entrance door.

"THIS IS THE POLICE! OPEN UP NOW!"

Blake's eyes grew 5 times bigger. He turned away from me and got on the floor. He searched for something upset the bed, grabbed it, and pulled out a duffle bag. He put the strap over his shoulder, and unzipped a pocket. Blake pulled out a revolver.

He pointed it at me and cocked it back. "You will listen to me, and you will not scream. Follow every footstep I take. Do you understand?"

I nodded.

He snatched my wrist and dragged me behind him. I could hear the police trying to break down the door. The best thing the police could have done was get a key, and save me. I looked to see what Blake was doing. He opened up the window beside the bed.

He stepped on the ledge and went to the side of the building, pulling me with him. The wind was strong. I could here the cars pulling in and out of the casino. Blake told me to shut the window. I did. He told me to follow him. I did. He kept pulling and pulling and I kept following. My heart was pounding 5 billion miles per hour. One hand was in the wall, the other in Blake's hand.

"We are about to turn a corner. Be careful."

He took his time going around the ledge's corner. My breathing became heavy as he pulled me with him.

I put one foot on the corner, and the lifted the other. As I lifted up my foot, I lost my balance.

I slipped off of the ledge. Blake was still holding my wrist, so he came down with me. He grabbed tightly onto the ledge, and tightened his grip on me. I was dangling like a rag doll.

I was helpless.

Dangling from the 31st floor.