Chapter 28

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

I opened my eyes and all I could see was white.

Where am I?

The place shined brightly. When I looked around it was filled with beautiful flowers of every kind. There was also a small waterfall with a pond in front of it, the water from the waterfall poured into the pond. The whole place was surrounded by clouds. This place looked like heaven.

“Jessy?” I heard my mom's voice.

I immediately turned around and saw my mom standing near a bench. Did I die?

“Mom?” I whispered. Tears built in my eyes. She smiled at me and opened her arms.

I ran to her and hugged her tightly.

“Mom...” I sobbed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

“Jessy, I thought you were my strong daughter.” Mom said in a  soothing yet strong tone.

“Mom, how is it possible? Am I really seeing you?” I touched her face. “Am I dead?”

“Oh hush!” Mom scolded me.

“Jessy?” I heard strong voice.

I looked over mom's shoulder and saw dad. Oh my God! I ran to him and hugged him too.

“Dad, I miss you...” tears stung my eyes again.

“I know, darling. Your mom and I have been watching you. We're so sorry, Jessy you went through a lot and we couldn't do anything.” Dad said referring to what happened in Texas.

“Honey, she doesn't has much time. We—” Mom started speaking.

“No, I don't want to leave you guys and go. I want to stay here with you both. I've had enough in my life, I don't want to live anymore, Mom...” my vision was blurred again by the tears.

“Oh baby, you shouldn't speak that way. You are still so young. You shouldn't give up so soon. Life will teach you many things. You should be strong to face them.”

“I don't want to go back. I don't have anybody there. I've lost Dean. He hates me, he doesn't want to see me anymore. I have already caused so much pain to his family. What do I do going ba—”

“Each day is a new experience. Learn something from it. You shouldn't give up on your life or you so soon. Everything's going to be alright, my girl.” Dad explained.

“No matter how hard things may get but don't forget solution is just around the corner. Your solution is also just around the corner, sweetie. Learn to live each day to the fullest. Be strong and...” Mom's voice started fading.

All of sudden I felt as if was I was being pulled away from them.

“We love you, Jessy!” my parents' voice felt far away.

I gasped for breath when I opened my eyes, I was in a room. My chest was raising and falling rapidly. I tried to calm myself and closed my eyes.

Did I really meet my parents?

Their words were still fresh in my mind. For sure I wasn't dreaming. Or was I?

“Ms. Summers, how are you feeling?” I saw a middle aged person walking to me.

Was he a doctor? What was I doing in the hospital? Where was Jake? I tried to move and the pain in my right shoulder reminded me everything. I jumped in front of Jake to save him when Mark tried to shoot him.