Part 26 : No Strings Attached

Hey all! Here's the next part of No Strings Attached.

Stay blessed,

Love,

B. X

********************************************************************************

Kimberley's P.O.V.

My eyes slowly opened and readjusted.

My head felt heavy, groggy and bleary. I felt like I was carrying a ton of bricks on my shoulders. What was I doing here?

Everywhere I looked it was just an off-coloured turquoise. The smell of bleach and other cleaning products filled my nose, making my stomach churn. I wanted Rick... Rick...

Where the hell was I?

Then I realised. I was in a hospital... but why?

Then it hit me and my stomach churned. Last night. Someone, something, reaching out from the darkness. A blade against my throat, pressure...then everything went black.

As my eyes scanned the room, I saw him pacing the floor. He was wearing the same clothes from last night, his eyes baggy and haggard. His sleeves rolled up, his trousers slightly stained.

He must’ve been up all night.

I looked around the room and my eyes drew to a small bedside cabinet, with my box of pills on the side.

Wait.

A box of pills? What had happened? What was going on? My mind began to race and immediately I was transported back to that alleyway.

A man, his breath thick and foul-smelling with alcohol and his dirty hands all over my body as I tried to fight back, tried to fight not only physically but against the blackness seeping into my vision.

"Just...hold...still!" He'd groaned, pressing his forearm against my windpipe as I choked against his grasp.

My dress torn, my thighs...aching...
my...my...

Oh God...he must have...he couldn't have...he'd r*ped me?

Dread held me in its vice grip and I began to spiral, mentally looking for something to hold onto.

Rick.

I groaned.

Rick gasped, his eyes widening and rushed towards me, “Kimberley? Are you awake? Kimberley?”

I nodded, blinking rapidly.

“Gracias, gracias Dios.” He muttered under his breath, placing his head on my hand and kissing it softly.

“Rick...” I whispered, “Water... please.”

He picked up the glass from the bedside cabinet and raised it to my mouth.

I sighed as the cool liquid ran down my throat.

He put the glass back on the cabinet.

“Are you okay?”

He placed his hand on my head.

"Kimberley, you're burning up!"

I groaned and turned over, facing away from my husband. I couldn't face him. After my assumptions about last night... I really didn’t want to talk right now.

“Kim...” he breathed, “I need to... tell you something... about last night...”

I sat bolt upright, strength suddenly filling my bones, “Yes?”