Chapter 26 - What is happening ?

Ashton's  POV

The captain announced that our flight will start in 5 minutes, i can feel Katherine shifting in her seat beside me, i turned my head , her eyes were closed , her hand grabbing the armrest so hard as if afraid of falling.

Most probably she is scared of flying, but she didn't mention that before.

Why would she tell you anyway ?

Yeah , right !

She squeezed her eyes so hard and her hand was grabbing the armrest even harder , something inside me didn't want her to be afraid , something inside me wanted to
Sooth her and make her feel more secured.

So , I placed my hand over hers, then i squeezed it gently , maybe it will make her feel better.

I though at first she may flinch or push my hand away like she usually does whenever our hands meet, but to my surprise she didn't, instead , her face relaxed, her hand loosened around the armrest, and then a beautiful smile made its way to her lips.

Same smile made its way to my lips too, i couldn't help but feel satisfied that my hold made her relax, made her fear vanish.

The captain's voice echoed again announcing that we are flying now and we can move freely inside the jet, Katherine's eyes snapped open, she looked at the window with a relieved expression.

Then her eyes traveled to her hand , her face changed into a shocked one and her eyes widened, as if she wasn't expecting to see my hand holding hers.

Then she looked up at me with her big brown eyes , and i kept on staring unable to avert my gaze from her beautiful innocent face.

But whenever i look into her eyes,i see pain in them, a pain that she tries to hide but fail miserably.

Just one look into her eyes can expose her..

But who would've cause pain to her , who would have the ability to hurt such an innocent person.

Why i am caring that much any way ?

I shook my head to kick all the stupid thoughts running inside it,then i noticed Katherine trying to remove her hand from my grip , so I loosened my grip letting go of her hand.

She lent her head back and curled her legs up on the chair and then closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

I was tired , but my mind was too occupied at the moment , so instead of sleeping i just opened my laptop and started working on it.

After a while , i felt Katherine moving in her seat, i glanced at her , she was still asleep but her body was shivering probably feeling cold which made me get up instantly , i grabbed a blanket and then placed it over her, i leaned closer to cover her small figure.

A strand of her hair was loosened covering her eye , my hand went directly toward it and tucked it behind her ear.

Dammit ! What the hell i am doing ?

Why i am acting like this ?

I had many personal assistants before and I've never cared that much about any of them.

But now look at me , i am acting like a teenager, holding her hand , soothing her, staring at her like a total creep.

I cant let my emotions get out freely like this , I can't let anyone see through me , I don't want to..

I don't want to let her in.. I can't let her..

I don't know what is making me act like this around Katherine, maybe it is the pain in her eyes maybe it just reminds me of the pain in mine.