Chapter 11: I Don't Want To Change A Single Thing About You.

"He'll see you now."

The secretary's voice sounded as if it were coming from some far away place.

"So this is the new model?"

I was too scared and shocked to even know how to respond. I felt as if my whole body had suddenly become numb, my limbs irresponsive to the nerve impulses coming to it from my brain, ordering for them to move.

"The new model."

At that moment, I felt a hand grasp my wrist and tug me forwards towards the glass, but not see-through doors on the right of the secretary's desk.

"Model."

Thomas pushed open one of the glass doors with his left hand, his right not leaving my wrist and lead me inside. The office was enormous. It looked a little like Harvey Specter's office from Suits. I mean, the whole length of one wall was replaced with glass windows and you could see pretty much anything from up there.

To the right, there was a massive bookshelf stacked with all sorts of folders, books and magazines. I walked closer to it, releasing myself from Thomas' strong grip. I looked to the side of the bookshelf and noticed something. There was a frame on the wall, an enlarged version of a magazine cover and standing right there on it was a paper Thomas.

"You look like a Ken doll." I commented, definitely not suppressing my laughter.

"I guess that's as close to a compliment I'll ever get from you, so thanks." He replied, standing beside me in front of the frame.

"Didn't know you had a tattoo." I stated. The picture was taken from the side. He, of course, was shirtless. I noticed a couple of dark lines on the side of his torso which could only mean he had some sort of tattoo on his back or he had a severe case of stretch marks.

"Observant little one, aren't you?"

That wasn't Thomas' voice. We both turned around to see who was speaking. A man was sitting at a desk on the opposite side of the room. I honestly didn't even notice him there.

"Tom," he called, standing up, abducting his arms, "you made it."

"Of course I did." Thomas replied, walking up to the man who struck me as one in his early forties. He got sucked into a bear hug by the man like a star being sucked into a black hole. They chuckled and parted, patting each other on the back and I felt like I wasn't supposed to be there and that I was third wheeling or something.

Should I just slowly tiptoe my way out of here? I mean, I think I can manage to sneak out without being noticed, seeing that I've already completely been forgotten about. Heck, the guy I don't know's back is towards me. I can do this!

"Hey Ria, where are you running off to?"

Damn you Thomas.

I let out a sigh. The warm air leaving my lips hit me back in the face after bouncing off of the door I was standing right in front of. So close, yet so far away from freedom. I let go of the door handle and turned around. "Oh I wasn't, I just, I thought I might, I forgot, I was going to check on Dyl and Bethany."

"I'm sure they're doing just fine without you." He reassured me, even though I wasn't even worried about them in the slightest and was really trying to escape.

"You're right." I agreed, nodding about seventeen times and laughing nervously.

"Ria, I'd like you to meet Dave Harrings, my manager. Dave, this is Ri.. Marianne."

So he does know my name, huh?

"Marianne, what a pleasure this is." The man said, shaking my hand quite enthusiastically. "I've been dying to meet you."

My eyebrows instantly furrowed in confusion and I guess he kind of noticed too because he began to laugh. "Oh my, I hope I didn't sound stalkerish. I just, ever since I saw you in Tom's Instagram post, I knew I had to offer you it before anyone else could get their hands on you."

I took a step backwards unintentionally and that made him laugh even more. "God, I'm not the greatest with words now, am I? Tom, my boy, would you tell her please?"

"Tell me what?" I asked, now turning all my attention to Thomas.

"Would you like to be a model?"

No no no no no no no. Me? Modeling? Are they out of their freaking minds?? This has to be a joke, right? A crew with hidden cameras are going to pop out at any moment and tell me that it's all a joke. RIGHT?!?

"Hahahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahaha hahahaha," their faces were stern and serious and my genuine laugh started to become hesitant, "hahaha haha ha. You guys are funny."

Thomas let out a slight chuckle but didn't say a word. Dave on the other hand sat back on his desk chair and eyed me. "I am being very serious Marianne. I would appreciate it if you at least considered the idea."

"Have you seen me? I'm not practically 'model material'. I don't have flawless skin nor hair that falls effortless over my face, I don't know the difference between a cheek brush and an eyebrow brush, I don't even know how to walk in a pair of freaking heels! So please excuse me if I'm not taking this matter seriously."

I stormed out of that office as fast as you could say macaroni and cheese. The secretary wasn't at her desk and I was somewhat glad on her part that she wasn't because I might have just lashed out on her as well. I pressed the button and waited for the elevator to come up. As soon as it rung, the doors opened and I got in. Thomas came out of the office and jogged into the elevator before I hit the ground button.

We passed the first dozen of floors in silence until I decided to break it. "Did you really think it was a good idea to bring me here?" I asked, slightly pissed off. "Do you take me for a joke? Did you think I would just willingly let you change me into something I'm not?"

Suddenly, all I heard was a loud thump on the wall of the elevator behind me and Thomas' arm was now stretched on one side of my head. "I don't want to change a single thing about you." He whispered, his face inching in. "If you don't want it, just say the word."

The elevator's doors flung open and I slipped out, after crouching under his arm. I walked out of the building with Thomas right on my tail. Without turning around and definitely without thinking, I said four words.

"I'll think about it."

All of a sudden, he linked my arm in his and walked past the car we were supposed to get in. You know, the one that was supposed to take me back home? "Let's not go back just yet." He said, smirking. "We have some time to kill."

----------

A/N:

2 updates in a week, I'm on a roll dayum ;)

I hope you didn't think I was going to write a lift make out scene or anything, ya nasties. This isn't a romantic story to begin with, hence why I put it in the humour category, so don't ship Tarianne, or should you?? *no spoilers* xD

And I say 'lift' and not 'elevator' but idk, I feel like 'elevator' is better than 'lift' in stories if that makes any sense. No? Okay ;-;

200 READS!!

I'M SUPER DUPER HAPPY THAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU LITTLE PRINGLES!!

Dedicated to qveen_kayisme

Feel free to comment, vote, follow, whatever :')

----------