Chapter 8 - "Anders Larzelere The Love Of My Life."

Anders Larzelere's PoV:

Chapter 8 - "Anders Larzelere, The Love Of My Life."

In the past twenty minutes, I've met so many people, people of different shapes, sizes, colors, hair etc. My cheeks ache from smiling so hard all the time. But I've noticed one thing similar about all of them.

All of them look hard.

Strong.

Something about the way these people move, make it look...effortless.

Like they were born with this grace and litheness.

I roll my eyes at myself.

C'mon, Anders. They're just people. You're thinking that, because you just got knocked down by a girl.

"Anders." I look up to see Alarice coming towards me, smiling. Once she reaches me, she grabs ahold of my hand, intertwining my fingers with hers. A strange jolt makes my heart soar at that, but I ignore the stupid feeling.

"Hm?"

"My Dad will be here soon." She informs, looking excited about it.

"Oh," I reply, feeling the dragonflies in my stomach flap their wings rapidly in a nervous flutter.

Gulp.

Her Dad. Mariano DeVega.

"Okay." I nod my head, trying to look unaffected.

"Hey." She steps forward, grabbing my other hand in hers too. I avoid her eyes, feeling shy all of a sudden. "Anders. Look." I reluctantly turn to meet her sun golden orbs.

Whoa. She's too close.

I cough slightly, blushing.

She jumps back, letting one of her hands drop.

"Um, It's no problem. I can handle it." I shrug, trying to look at her eyes once again, but failing miserably.

"It will not be that bad." She says softly, and the way she's looking at me makes it almost intimate, "I mean, he's okay with me marrying anyone, as long as I love him and he loves me." She says, looking at me with another cute smile.

I knit my brows in confusion.

"But, we're not in love." I point to the space between us with a small wave of my hand.

Her smile vanishes.

"Yeah..." She sighs. "But," She brightens up once again, looking like she just got the perfect idea. "He doesn't know it." She snaps her fingers in front of her, grinning.

I smile in amusement.

"You know, I still don't get the point of this whole marriage. I mean, A competition? Really?" My brows shoot up, past the locks of hair covering my forehead as I press my lips together in doubt.

She clears her throat. "Haha," She laughs nervously, looking both sides as if to check if anyone is eavesdropping in on our conversation. "You won't. All I'm asking of you, is to just go with the flow." She whispers, leaning forward.

"Okay." I sigh. "I won't question it." I nod once.

She nods back, smiling in a satisfied manner.

"Alarice!" Someone calls, and I turn around to see a tall guy about the same age as us, with brown eyes that are drowning in amusement, jogging our way.