Chapter Nineteen

Read with caution... It's gonna get pretty steamy up in here, so enjoy.

;).

-----------------

Luna's POV

(Two days later... Sunday.)

"Police are still investigating the death of Tina Somers. Officers suspect that Somers was attacked by some kind of animal. With the giant paw prints left behind in her backyard, it is believed that a bear might have caused the attack. Though, the numerous fur samples left at the scene didn't match that of a bear, but of a wolf. Scientists aren't 100% sure when they'll have an accurate answer. What we do know is that there are indeed wild animals loose in the county. If you spot such animals, please call animal control immediately..."

I reached for the remote and turned off the TV. I groaned and ran my hands through my hair. I was upset about Tina's death, but I really didn't want to think about it right now. Luckily, I heard the doorbell ring, and that distracted me from my thoughts. I got up from the couch and went to go answer the door. My eyes soon met with a pair of gorgeous green ones.

"Hey, cutie."

"Sapphire, what are you doing here? So early in the morning too?"

"It's only 11 in the morning. Besides, I had nothing else to do, and I feel pretty bad that I bailed on you yesterday. So, I figured I might as well come see you." She shrugged. "I didn't see your sister's car in the driveway, so I'm assuming she's not home?"

"Yeah, lucky for you she's not. She'll be gone all day, because she's busy with work." I moved out of the way so that she could step inside. I led her upstairs to my room then closed the door behind me.

"So, how are you holding up?" Sapphire asked while she made her way to my bed. She moved some papers to the side and sat down. "I heard about Tina's death... I know she was your best friend, so I'm sorry for your loss."

"No you're not." She was the worst liar ever.

"Yeah, okay," she laid back, "you're right. But still..."

"Don't worry about it." I told her and walked towards my bed. I say down next to her and started playing with her silky black hair. "So, have you talked with your family ever since Friday night?"

"No." She sat up. "Ever since I dropped you home that night, I've been living on my own at the house in the woods. Though, I did sneak back to get most of my stuff, and my car." She shrugged.

"So what... You're a rogue now?"

"Yeah. There's no way I'd be accepted back into the pack after what happened. So, I live by my own set of rules. I don't have anyone telling me what to do anymore. It's not bad so far." Sapphire looked away, out towards my bedroom window. I saw a trace of sadness in her eyes. I could tell she was hurt.

As if I could feel her hidden emotion, I felt myself become engulfed with sadness. I was hurt for my girlfriend. I felt as if everything was my fault. Tina's death, Sapphire becoming a rouge... None of it would've happened if we haven't gotten together. Don't get me wrong, I love Sapphire, but this whole hunter and wolf thing just doesn't play out too well. I just sometimes wished I could be a normal teenage girl with a normal life, but we can't always get what we want.

Sapphire turned back to face me. "Your thoughts are getting me depressed." She chuckled softly.

I looked at her in surprise, but then I remembered about the mind link. "You heard everything, didn't you?"

Sapphire nodded. "Look, maybe you were introduced to this new life of yours too soon with no warning. I can understand if you're stressed out. I mean, I felt the same way when I found out there was a large dog living inside of me." She paused and reached to fix my hair behind my ear. "Maybe we rushed this relationship. I was probably too selfish to bring you back into my life, I didn't think how it'd affect you." Her tone was so soft, I almost didn't like it. What was she thinking? "What I'm trying to say is... If you want to break up, then-"