FORTY-ONE

He didn’t talk for the rest of ride as I was grateful of the caller who called him in the car and kept him busy for the rest of the ride. I just wanted to buy the seeds and respective flowers for the garden and go back home…without talking to him as whenever he started to talk, I always just remember how much of a blunder I made last night with my tongue.

The sight of him buying flowers with me was weird and heartwarming at the same time as he was in the mafia and I knew how much dark aura he had around him but the person surrounded by flowers could never radiate any type of dark energy and I wanted him to know that he could stop that darkness consuming him from inside if he wanted that but I thought he didn’t have any motivation for doing so.

Do we have to pick flowers from the forest? I thought to myself as he entered the car when the guards opened that for him with a salute only for the car to get welcomed by the lane surrounded by tress from either side as I couldn’t see anything through the tress which was giving a glimpse of a forest but indeed it wasn’t. It seemed like we had entered in some kind of garden and I turned out completely right at the end as after driving for seven minutes we came across with a beautiful cottage in between the garden. It was someone’s personal property as he stopped the car in front of the cottage under the shade.

Even before him stepping out of the car a servant came running towards my side and opened the door for me. He was a young boy in his teenage years most probably working here as I could see the trowel in his hand. I felt bad as he should be in school right now. My aunt was better in this regard as she let me complete my high school.

“Salam bibi(ma’am)” He greeted me as soon as I got down from the car. I greeted him back while ruffling his hair a little mumbling. “Thank you. What’s your name?” I said with a smile and he blushed more than a girl as I couldn’t help but chuckle at his expressions. “Saad Khan.” He replied as he was cute with his chubby cheeks, blue eyes and dark raven colord thick hair.

“She is my wife.” I turned around to find him standing beside me with his shades on covering his eyes and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at his words.

“I know. Sahab(boss) told me you were coming.” He said smiling back as he raised his hand to shake hands with him which I thought he wouldn’t grab on keeping the record of how arrogant he was but he did, proving me all wrong.

“Do you work here?” I asked as he looked at me with a bright smile.

“No. I am just filling for my father. He is sick so I am filling his duty hours.” He said and I shook my head as I didn’t want to pry any further.

“What type of flowers do you want?” Farzan asked as I looked at him with a dumbfounded expressions for a second and then shook my head while taking out the list from my bag. I showed it to him to which he simply forwarded to Saad who read them and started guiding us towards the field.

“You can and check whatever you want?” Saad said as I followed him with a smile as Farzan stood there to answer his phone which kept ringing. He wasn’t looking pissed at the calls as he must like his word but he still wanted to come with me to tease me most probably.

“Do you go to school?” I asked while putting the seeds in the basket after taking a look at the flowers blooming in every color. The garden must be decorated with a full heart. I always wanted a home with the garden full of flowers so that I could enjoy tea time in the evening with the family which I could have.

“Yes.” He simply answered while briefing me about the flowers and their origin.

“Do you like to study?” I asked as I wanted to have a conversation with him. It was far better than the man busy on his phone behind us.

“No but Farzan bhai and Muzamil bhai forced me to go to school.” He said and I chuckled at his sour expressions at the mention of studies but I was also amazed hearing about Farzan and Muzamil bhai.

“Oh, so you know them too?” I said as he was about to answer when Farzan came from behind.

He took the basket from me and grabbed it for me while Saad looked at the sweat beads on his forehead as he run inside saying. “Let me get something to drink for you.” It was hot as we directly come towards the field as he must be feeling guilty about that. That’s why he ran like that. I smiled at that as he really cared about his Farzan bhai. I looked at him who was replying to the messages on his phone but instantly looked up only to catch me off guard. I started looking everywhere but him as I could see through my peripheral vision that he turned off his phone and put that in his pocket.

“Checking me out little butterfly?”
He and his endearments. First junam then baby and now this little butterfly. He didn’t even give me time to get use to the previous endearment and proceeded towards the new one. That’s the reason why my stomach busted with butterflies all of a sudden.

“No.” I craned my neck trying to look confident as the fact that I couldn’t look at him in the eyes annoyed me a little as his eyes were the soothing and scary things at the same time. He should hide those eyes as they were the most beautiful one, I had ever seen especially when they shone whenever he looked down at me with amusement in them only because of something I had done or spoke about-something useless most probably.

“You like to say no right.” He said as he started trailing behind me with the basket.

“No.” I said without turning around but I but my tongue when I heard a small laugh from behind. I stopped in midtracks as I for the first time heard him laugh like that as I turned around only to find a small smile on his face. Guilt gathered in the pit of my stomach as I missed the sight of his laugh. The sound was smooth and silky and I bet he would be looking more better in sight but I missed that. I should be walking with my face facing his and again I was thinking about useless stuff.

“Do you want to take a picture?” He said as I was looking at him smile with a pout and regret in my honey brown eyes. I could see my reflection in his shades but that hadn’t the same effect as looking at my reflection in his eyes.

“No.” I said and this type he didn’t laugh and just smirked making me turn around and realize I was here on shopping for the garden.

“What are you searching for?” he asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Bougainvillea.” I answered as I didn’t find that one.

“Is that your favorite?” He asked as I turned around to enter the second aisle to find bougainvillea.

“No. My favorite is lily but bougainvillea is for the house to look like home. I don’t know why but I had seen that on homes with happiness of a family who live together no matter what.” I explained as my sentence was followed by a long segment of silence. He must be thinking about something else.

“What’s your favorite?” I asked as we saw Saad running towards us as he was followed by two maids with tray in their hands.

“Rose.” He answered after few seconds.

“Why?”

“Because it is beautiful with the thorns that can make you bleed too.”

•~•

•I wanted to write a comfort story where people can read it and feel good so I hope you are feeling good and enjoying this. ( I enjoy his cockiness.)

•DO FOLLOW ME IF YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED ME YET.

•VOTE & DO LOTS OF COMMENTS