79 BRIGHT EYES

79. BRIGHT EYES

note: say thank you guys this took a lot out of me

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

SHIDOU

Ryusei wakes up with bandages across his face and a strange warm sensation stuck inside his nose. Long blonde lashes fan over glowing pink eyes—he blinks once, then twice, then once more. The light burns his retina but it's manageable.

He looks around. He's still in the nurse's office. He doesn't know how long he's been out.

It has to have been a while, judging by the way his head has a dull ache and he feels like he's just travelled to an alternate world. Everything is fuzzy. He remembers being held back by Karasu and Charles, but even that was hard to remember, at best.

Shidou traces the fabric bandaid over his nose with light touches, brows scrunching together. He can't feel his nose. At all.

"What the fuck..." He mumbles, to nobody in particular. He looks down at his arms and sees the bruises Rin managed to get on him were covered by some weird sort of green cream. It made his skin feel numb to the touch. It was a weird experience.

Shidou Ryusei had never been taken care of like this. He isn't too sure he likes it.

His hair is also really messed up, too. He slides back, sitting on the bed with sheets thrown lazily to the side and fiddles with his blonde locks to try and at least get them back to usual.

Glancing around—the room is silent, eye-burningly bright, and incredibly empty. There is only one other thing that sticks out in the blank white room. On the desk beside him, there is a note and a singular bandaid. It's a pink bandaid with a cutesy cartoon character on it.

He grabs the note, a little harsher than he should've, and reads over it.

Shidou. Stop getting into fights. You singlehandedly triple the electricity bill every month.

He scowls, eyes sharpening into a stark glare at the piece of paper. For this small moment, he believes it is sent straight from Ego. He was a hair's width away from scrunching up the lame piece of paper and throwing it in the trash bin beside him, when he caught sight of the text that was much smaller, underneath it in the same style of writing.

Please take care of yourself, Ryusei. Don't make my life any harder or more worrisome than it has to be, and calm down. It's not good for you. You're going to get in real trouble if you keep doing this when you grow up, you know.