Chapter 12: Guitar Dad

Lars: So, you're telling me that you rode in the escape pod Peridot used to flee the ship?

He looked at Steven, who glanced down and nodded as Lars sighed before turning to the Crystal Gems.

Lars: And you nearly killed him without realizing it wasn't Peridot on board.

They fell silent. While they had intended to poof Peridot, it was actually Steven in the pod. Nonetheless, they did disable the ship, albeit mostly destroyed. With repairs, it could still be functional... Maybe... Hopefully.

Lars: Because it is still early in the morning.

He deftly flipped the omelette and sprinkled some seasoning over it. Letting the residual heat from the pan finish the cooking, he turned around, elegantly placing the omelette on a bed of cooked rice. Three sprigs of parsley adorned the plate, and he drizzled honey and soy sauce over the dish, watching as they mingled, creating a visually appealing and delicious meal.

After preparing two plates, he placed them in front of Steven and Amethyst, crossing his arms in the process

Lars: Here's some breakfast after a wild night of causing trouble.

Steven: Thanks for the meal, Lars!

He smiled as Steven took a spoonful of the omelette, the delightful aroma filling the room. Suddenly, Steven leaned back, surprising Pearl and confusing Amethyst. Amethyst followed suit after taking a bite, both of them exclaiming their enjoyment with mouths watering.

Steven: SO GOOD!

Amethyst: SO GOOD!

They cheered, returning to their seats and eagerly devouring their breakfast. Pearl watched, not in shock but with confusion, while Lars and Garnet remained unfazed.

Later, after clearing the plates, Lars stood beside Steven near the house window, while the Gems settled on the couch.

Garnet: What's your decision, Lars?

Lars stood silently, eyes closed and arms crossed. Steven waited, noticing Lars's annoyed eyebrow twitch. Finally, Lars sighed and looked at Garnet.

Lars: I'll offer assistance when needed, but I won't officially join your group.

Garnet nodded with a slight smile, while Steven and Amethyst cheered. Pearl still seemed uncertain, but Lars had demonstrated capabilities far beyond what humans typically achieve without extensive training.

Garnet placed her hand on Lars's head.

Garnet: Welcome to our adventure, Lars.

Steven gasped.

Steven: You should wear a star!

Lars: No.

Steven: But-