Viraj

"No."

"PLEASE"

"NO"

"Please Devansh I really can't handle these social events on my own. Plus your dad wanted you to go too."

Devansh turned to look at me," You know how much I despise going to such events, you always do this to me."

"But you also need to take over your dad's business at some point and you need CONNECTIONS for that. This is how you form connections!"

"WELL, YOU GO AHEAD AND FORM CONNECTIONS ALL YOU WANT CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO!!" He said while throwing the nearest cushion at me clearly getting annoyed by my nonstop persuasion to go with me for Mr. Hooda's forty-fifth birthday, who happens to be my dad's best friend and a very important figure in the world of business.

"I promise, this is just one time. Just this once. This is THE event of the year. Many important people attend Uncle's birthday events, just this once. Please?" I tried to give him my puppy eyes mimicking the exact way my sister does.

Staring at me I saw his face turn into disgust as he looked away gagging. He pushed a palm against my face and shoved me away shouting, "DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS EVER AGAIN!!"

Offended I slightly mumbled," It usually works."

Scoffing he shook his head," I can't believe this. How the fuck do people outside think of YOU as a scary guy? YOU? THE FUCKING IDIOT THAT IS TRYING TO GIVE HIS HOMIE PUPPY EYES?!"

I stared at him in disbelief," I also wonder how you are the one known as the nice guy out of us two. Look at you being so cold to your best friend. Can't even bother yourself to attend a birthday party for me." I made my way out of my bedroom mumbling some dramatic shit when I heard a shout from behind.

"OK FINE I WILL GO!"I heard him grumble as a victorious smile made it to my face. He always gives in.

By the way. Hi! I am Viraj Uday Singh. I am just as extravagant as my name sounds, being the eldest son of Harsh Vardhan Singh, the second generation of one of the richest families in the entire nation. My family is into the jewellery business on a global scale. All thanks to my great-grandfather who started a Jewelry shop during the India-Pakistan partition and the business has been going strong since then.

And that asshole I was fighting with a minute ago? He is Devansh Oberoi, another heir to an old money family. He is the only son of the owner of the biggest seven-star hotel chain in India, The Oberoi Group. Unfortunately, unlike me, my best friend has absolutely no interest in business. He is a computer freak. Spends most of his time coding. His family gave him a year to make something out of his B.tech major or else they are going to force him to change majors and get him to do BBA just like me.

I on the other hand LOVE what I do. Business for me is everything. The funny clingy side you just saw is only for my family and best friend. The outside world just gets to see me as a ruthless, future business magnet because, in this line of work, you need people to fear you so that you never get trampled upon.

Suddenly my phone rang. It was Uncle Anil AKA Mr. Hooda. Picking up the call I placed it on my year.

"Hello, Uncle?"

OTP:" Oh Viraj! Your dad was not picking up his phone. But you are attending the party tonight right?"

"Of course Uncle! I can never miss your parties."

Hearing me on the phone I saw Devansh making his way out of my room. He leaned against the doorframe listening to my conversation signalling me and asking who it was.

"Anil uncle" I slightly mouthed the words at him.

Nodding his head he waited for me to talk further.

OTP:" And is Devansh coming with you?"

"Uh... Yeah, he is."

OTP: "OH that's great, it's so difficult to get that kid at these gatherings, I feel honoured. By the way, I called you because this old man wanted to ask you for a favour."

"OH? What is it, uncle? What can I help you with?"

OTP:" You see Jia had a friend of her's come to Delhi from Maharashtra today itself for further studies. And knowing how I know my daughter that brat is going to use her friend as an excuse to escape all her responsibilities as a host."

"Okay..." I did NOT like the way this was going.

OTP:" I need you to take care of her friend while Jia is not around so that Janvi does not feel out of the place even in my daughter's absence."

"OH! OK uncle. Don't worry about it. I will take care of her."

OTP:" Viraj, thank you, son. I owe you one"

"Mention not."

After the call ended I turned around to see Devansh staring at me with an eyebrow raised," Will take care of HER? Who is the 'her' in question? Care to explain?"

Letting out a sigh I rubbed the back of my neck," Jia has a friend that came over from Maharashtra for further studies. Uncle wants me to take care of her."

"Oh! So he is hiring you for babysitting duties now. That too for that brat's friend? Good luck bro."

"HEY! It's not babysitting and I can not refuse to uncle and you know that."

"What's her name by the way?"

"I think he said Janvi... or something like that."

"Whelp just pray she got a level-headed friend."

"I hope so," I mumbled as Devansh flung an arm around my shoulder and we both made our way downstairs to get ready for tonight.